Indirect Tax Specialist/Manager
The key responsibilities comprise:
- Providing indirect tax & customs duty advice to a range of stakeholders, including finance, operations, supply chain, business development, etc.
- Analysing the impact to Group of changes in indirect tax & customs duty legislation or practice across the region.
- Keeping relevant stakeholders informed of indirect tax & customs duty changes that affect the business.
- Advising on and mitigating the indirect tax and/or customs duty impact of business restructuring.
- Assisting the CFO’s in the region in developing indirect tax & customs duty mitigation strategies.
- Assisting with the review of GST/VAT calculations, returns, reconciliation, and documentation.
- Assisting in managing indirect tax & customs duty audits across the region.
- Liaising with external advisors to obtain indirect tax and customs duty advices.
- Actively identifying areas for process improvements and risk areas.
- Attending tax training and seminars to keep up to date with the latest indirect tax law changes.
- Conducting appropriate indirect tax training to various stakeholders.
What skills we are looking for:
- Practical experience on use of SAP and IT systems
- At least 5 years’ indirect tax compliance and advisory experience in a Big 4 GST/VAT practice.
- Consumer goods industry experience is beneficial but not required.
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor.
- Experience in advising on indirect tax matters in ASEAN region is helpful.
- Experience in negotiating with tax authorities or applying for GST/VAT incentives.
- Working knowledge of direct taxation matters.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- A good communicator, with the ability to explain issues in a simple and concise manner, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with professionals from varying backgrounds and cultures.
- Resilient and self-driven.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and willing to dig into documents when required.
- Flexible and motivated personality.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities and constant changes.
- Direct Reporting to ASEAN Australia-NZ Tax Director in Singapore