AMAZON ACCELERATION MANAGER
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
Reporting into the eCom Acceleration Director, within the Multi Divisional eCommerce team you will…
• Work with the eCom Acceleration Director to define the UKI Amazon activation objectives and the roadmap for how we’ll achieve them in partnership with the divisions.
• Develop strong working relationships with the cross-functional Amazon teams within the divisions, including Commercial, Customer Supply Chain and Activation teams.
• Work with the Selective Divisions to make sure that our Amazon business is growing faster than the market. With clear Divisional specific objectives to enable them to achieve this.
• Work with the Divisions to ensure that we have a strong activation plan that maximises all of the key selling events/seasons, and which doesn’t leave “gaps” in the plan:
o Key selling events/seasons, especially Prime Day, BFCM and Holiday.
o Lead the Multi-Div events on Amazon
• Work closely with the Media team in CDMO to develop the Amazon media proposition, including arbitration governance on Amazon.
• Lead the ongoing focus on Customer Journey optimisation on Amazon; including the role of our content agency Wunderman, opportunities to improve the Beauty experience inc Premium Beauty, and how our PIM/DAM technology can be used to improve the process.
• Lead the L’Oréal Amazon Data Dashboard Project integration in the UKI, ensuring adoption in the UKI business and that stakeholders have access to the data and understand it and its role in driving the Amazon business. As well as working with Global on improvements and developments required to the tool.
• Work with the Client Lead Director to mobilise activations and resolve common divisional issues with Amazon (i.e. LBB.)
• Work with the Category Insights Director to identify & execute improvements in how we leverage Amazon data to drive insights.
• Develop strong relationships with Zone & Global eCommerce and Amazon colleagues to build & share best practices and influence on key issues affecting the UKI.
• Work in partnership with the eCom Acceleration Director and the learning team to develop Amazon eCommerce training for all levels of the business.
• Own and develop the eCom Community – sharing expertise and best practice across the business.
• Experience in Amazon retail and advertising – working for or with agencies that work directly on Amazon.
• Experience in Amazon data: Vendor Central, Amazon Advertising (search & display), Category Market data (i.e. Profitero)
• Understanding performance media data / insights
• Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers. You are able to analyse data from platforms & tools, draw conclusions & develop actionable recommendations
• Ability to build strong working relationships, and influence stakeholders (at all levels) within internal teams and agency partners
Additional experience beneficial but not essential:
• eCom experience across: Pure Players, eRetailers, or D2C
• Experience of running successful brand & x-brand activations
• Experience of Online content & merchandising optimisations, tools & governance.
• Business planning, including understanding of a P&L
• Good presentation skills with ability to present with gravitas and debate key topics
• Good written & verbal communication skills with ability to articulate complex or technical matters in a simple way across all levels of the organisation
• Project management experience
• A positive attitude to ambiguity and able to tackle problems with a structured approach
• Experience of working within a complex matrix organisation
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.