Brand Business Manager
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L'Oreal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L'Oreal.
Seeking a dynamic, experienced, innovative Brand Business Manager to shape the future success of our exciting and growing Vichy, Sanoflore, Roger & Gallet brands within our highly complementary ACD skincare brand portfolio ranging from well-being to medical, Health beauty with Vichy, Well-being and Beauty rituals with Roger & Gallet; Nature and Beauty with Sanoflore;
- Define the UK Vichy, Sanoflore and Roger & Gallet strategies in line with the international brand positioning,
- contributing to achieve year-on-year growth by driving new product launches and anniversarising pillar products
- Oversee and guide brand development, manage the priorities of the portfolio to ensure an optimum offering to the local market, adapting your strategy appropriately for the target consumers
- Listen to and develop a deep understanding of local consumers and generate new insights to inspire the beauty industry
- Monitor local trends and feedback your findings to your Zone Director and International Development Team to ensure each new product launch is has maximum impact
- Take ownership of all international launches and create the right angle of attack for the greatest impact and success in the market
- Full ownership and responsibility for guiding and leading all marketing activity across the UK
- Lead local adaptation of advertising materials; influence media and promotion recommendations
- Manage the budget and the financial implications of forecasts, working closely with the Financial Controller
- Mobilise other departments to support marketing strategies; commercial to ensure the national accounts presentations are maximised, merchandising, training / education of the beauty consultants for luxury brands
- Recruit, develop, manage lead and inspire your team, ensuring the development of expertise and know-how
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
•Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment, with an understanding of a mix of distribution points
•Educated to at least a degree level
•Highly entrepreneurial mindset – autonomy, strategic thinking and collaboration are critical to drive these exciting niche brands
•Vision – able to create and develop strong brand visions and action plans, taking the lead on motivating the wider business
•Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent presentation skills, able to influence and inspire any audience
•Knows how to manage the complexity in terms of number of interlocutors, projects, timelines, meeting presentations
•Self-motivation and strong organisation skills to be able to work autonomously to drive both brands,
•Resilience and flexibility – the ability to adapt to dynamic business and market demands, overcoming challenges and driving success in an innovate way
•Creativity – able to create innovative, cost-effective solutions, to drive the best ROI whilst maintaining brand equity
•Strong analytical skills and good commercial acumen, to enable you to work closely with the commercial and finance teams
•A strong sensitivity to the niche beauty market, with a keenness to develop understanding for the different category dynamics
•Digital orientation - to grow awareness and engagement online across multiple platforms; pure media, social, and .co.uk.
•Potential to successfully manage people: ensure each individual has a work plan that is sufficient for them to showcase and develop their own talent