Scope and Mission
To effectively budget, plan and forecast all headcount and personnel costs to enable L'Oréal UK & Ireland to optimize it’s investment in people.
This role is responsible for all people costs encompassing circa 5,000 employees.
You will also have responsibility for the HR operating budget, covering all recruitment, learning, and benefit spend, together with associated compliance obligations.
The role operates closely with both HR and Finance functions, in a matrix structure. Clear communication skills, the ability to build relationships and influence across levels are as critical as an analytical approach with strong attention to detail.
- Payroll cost and Headcount Reporting (approx. 70%)
- Liaise with HR Business partners to capture future planning assumptions e.g. salary increase, bonus pay out, maternity leavers, vacancy rates, change of situations etc.
- Anticipate expatriate costs, such as housing, schooling, inter-company re-charges etc
- Integrate and reconcile payroll and financial data through various group tools.
- Produce clear variance analysis reports to aid the HR and Finance teams in understanding differences between trends and trend v budget
- Work closely with Finance to manage accruals of bonus, profit-share, tax etc.
- Ensure divisional workforce plans are integrated effectively through the process, with a particular focus on headcount reporting and follow-up.
- Manage steering committee with senior HR and Finance representatives to agree operational processes, including retro-planning, together with general pay and vacancy assumptions for pre-budget and budget scenarios
- To be the ‘systems’ expert in the proprietary budgeting tool, regularly interacting with the Global team to share improvement ideas, potential new functionalities and to keep UKI users up to date with any system developments on a regular basis
- To ensure all new users in the HR team are trained on the process and the tool on a timely basis and to create and update ‘how to’ guides for all users
- HR Budget follow up (20% of workload)
- Co-ordinate the creation of the annual HR budget with the individual budget holders and the HRD UKI.
- Monitor on a monthly basis actual spend and create updated trend forecasts for each of the HR cost centre owners
- To proactively advise on areas of opportunity or risk in the HR Budgets by providing variance analysis between trend v budget and between different trends
- Ensure the HR budget files reconcile to Finance actuals in SAP
- To educate the HR team members on cost centre structure and where activities should be correctly allocated
- HR Balance Sheet Reviews and Compliance (10%)
- Working in partnership with the Head of Internal Control, ensure that HR are compliant from an audit and group norms perspective.
- Highly numerate with advanced analytical skills
- Interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends.
- Financial knowledge – preferably having worked in a ‘controlling’ environment
- Good relationship building and influencing skills – ability to work with multiple stakeholders across HR, Finance and business teams and at different levels within the organisation. Able to demonstrate a collaborative approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Curious and demonstrates excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Strong spreadsheet skills