Customer Business Manager
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
As part of the Consumers Products Division, you’ll be playing a huge part in our mission: to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable.
We embrace and enhance emerging trends to create the most relevant and sustainable beauty products and experiences, making them accessible to each and everyone all around the world, thanks to the diversity of our brands and their communities.
Our Division has the world’s #1 beauty brand in L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand in Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand in Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Make Up. Beyond our four iconic global brands, we have a unique brand portfolio including among others like Essie and Garnier.
The Customer Controllers are a critical part of our business, responsible for managing all touch points with our retail partners.
Being a part of the Senior Leadership Team of the Division means working closely with the leaders of our amazing Brand, Category Teams, Ecommerce and Digital Teams to ensure we are leading the Beauty market.
Delivering the Divisions key priorities, demonstrating best in class Online & Offline activation with a Digital and Data mindset.
Full P&L responsibility with a mindset of delivering market share outperformance, turnover and enhancing profitability.
Working closely with finance and RGM business stakeholders to optimise investments across the accounts and setting the budgets and targets for the account managers.
Working to build a greener and more sustainable future through L’Oreal For the Future.
Leading a Team
Directly responsible for leading a high performing commercial team (approx. 5-10 people) and a wider cross functional team of finance and supply chain professionals.
Developing, coaching and recruiting commercial talent.
Demonstrating best in class leadership whilst empowering and enabling the team.
Working with Retailers
Building a strong relationship with our retailer partners including their top management.
Develop and deliver the customer strategies and taking our business on the journey of what it takes to win in your retailer.
Working closely with the Marketing Director and Brand GM’s to ensure we are delivering differentiated and bespoke brand plans for our retailers.
Responsible for key commercial negotiations from Business Plans, CPI’s and various other commercial negotiations which might be required.
Our controllers are responsible for unlocking the unique and market leading attributes of L’Oreal to deliver the best in class expression of beauty with our retail partners to our end consumers.
• A Leader. You have a track record of galvanising diverse groups of stakeholders and developing best in class category and shopper experts in your team.
• Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
• Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
• Teams are the new heroes: You are an empowering leader and you know that there is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team. Even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
• Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
• Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
• Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
• You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
• Managing and developing a high performing team
• Significant experience in a customer-facing role
• Experience in a non-commercial role is a strong asset
• Proven knowledge of retailer strategies and objectives
• Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment
• Agent of change - Ability to create new ideas and drive them through a business
• Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
• Highly numerate – strong analytically and Good commercial acumen, driven by targets with a desire to succeed. Commercial experience a strong plus
• Strong sensitivity to the beauty industry, product appreciation and an eye for aesthetics
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.