When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
If you join the L’Oréal Luxury Division, you’ll directly contribute to providing our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique for them.
Thanks to our strong, balanced and complementary portfolio we are able to meet the needs of every consumer, at every price level.
Our portfolio makes up 26 brands of which 17 are global, including the highly-aspirational and multi-expert ones such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani. Our incredible strength comes from allowing us to win in any environment; the most important one being the teams, which are talented, diverse, committed, passionate in every region, country, department, and function.
• HR Queries: Managing, coordinating, and replying to queries in the HR Retail Inbox as first point of contact.
• Employee Life Cycle Administration: prepare, distribute and coordinate all aspects of employee administration throughout the employee life cycle. This includes creating contracts of employment for new starters, changes of contract for internal moves, long service milestones, leaver letters, supporting right to work checks, managing overpayments, logging sick notes and reference requests.
• Payroll Processing: Supporting our payroll team by ensuring all changes have been processed correctly and in a timely manner via HR system ready for payroll deadlines.
• Database maintenance and data integrity: maintain internal filing and key HR database systems. Regularly check the data that has been inputted to ensure that there are high levels of data integrity.
• Communications: Updating and upskilling our managers and our employees through our communication channels.
• Purchase Orders: Raising HR Retail purchase orders.
• Benefits Advice: Supporting the reward team to advise employees of eligible benefits including Private Medical, Life Assurance and Pension schemes. Support employees to effectively use the benefits portal.
• Family Leave: advise employees on Family Leave policies, planning and processing - working directly with payroll.
• Process improvements & projects: Constantly reviewing the HR Administrative processes to ensure they are as efficient and effective as possible. Support the Head of HR Retail, HR Business Partners with ad-hoc projects.
• Team support: working in a small HR Operations team you will share responsibilities evenly and support other members with their activities, covering for absence and workload fluctuations.
• Strong attention to detail and a getting it right first-time mentality.
• Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required.
• Solutions orientated, ‘can do’ mindset with the ability to work at pace, cope with ambiguity, resolve issues and improve processes.
• A professional, diplomatic and friendly manner with strong customer service skills.
• Ability to understand data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation.
• Interested in technology and new innovative ways of giving employees a better experience.
• Good PC skills with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Every employee gets unlimited access to the world-leading online platforms like LinkedIn Learning, Coursera & TedTalk. Through the platforms like Coursera, you can gain qualifications from over 1000 universities around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.