The Corporate Affairs team at L’Oreal UK and Ireland are responsible for building and protecting the reputation of the Group and its 34 brands.
As Head of Corporate Affairs, you will report to the Corporate Affairs Director. You will be responsible for protecting and building the reputation of the Group, its brands and people in the UK and Ireland, ensuring its position is fully understood by key external audiences including media and government.
Reporting into and working closely with the Corporate Affairs Director, the role will:
• Lead the development and implementation of multi-stakeholder external communication strategies that build and protect reputation across media and political audiences
• Lead on public affairs strategy, stakeholder mapping and implementation of engagement plan
• Identify and develop thought leadership platforms and themes to enhance reputation across multi-stakeholder groups
• Develop corporate narrative and messaging for proactive activity, leading the development of associated collateral and content
• Identify and anticipate issues, establishing robust procedures, policies and positions to ensure best in class preparedness and management
• Manage issues and crises, acting as company spokesperson. In-house expert in crisis management across both press and social media.
• Oversee the management of a proactive and reactive press office
• Provide counsel to senior management on aspects of communications, support senior business leaders in their external engagement through briefing and coaching
• Oversee the delivery of the Group’s CSR programmes in the UK and Ireland
• Act as a centre of excellence and support for teams across the business
• Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, represent the Group on industry committees
• Review brand advertising and marketing activities to ensure adherence to relevant codes
• Manage the allocated budget
• Deputise for Corporate Affairs Director where necessary
• Manage two direct reports: CSR Manager and Corporate Communications Manager
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
• Substantial Corporate Communications/Corporate Affairs experience, ideally within a consumer-facing sector in-house
• Experience as a credible and capable adviser at multiple levels
• Extensive first hand issues and crisis management experience for a consumer brand, proven ability to provide sound communications advice in crisis situations.
• Strong media handling skills as front line company spokesperson
• Ideally some experience working with government
• Impeccable writing, editing and presentation development skills – with the ability to adapt writing style for diverse audiences and channels
• You’ll be a multi-faceted professional, a brilliant organiser and communicator, natural problem solver and relationship builder.
• You’re proactive and hands-on, with a drive and determination to succeed.
• You’re interested in current affairs, staying on top of the news, spotting opportunities and identifying risks for the business.
• You’re calm under pressure, act with integrity and discretion, and appreciate how integral reputation is to growth.
• Your bias for action means you thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.