When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Responsible for optimising the divisional media budget across media channels, supporting the brands with their media decision making and proactively developing any multi-brand or B2B media execution. To achieve this, the individual will manage a media tribe and reporting to the Digital & Innovation Director in PPD. He/she will develop an effective, professional relationship with key personnel at our media partner whilst working in a cross-functional team to influence, develop and action a fewer, bigger, better media plan.
You will be responsible of:
o Support cross-functional collaboration, defining media activation plans by channel using customer and consumer insights.
o Oversee optimal spend of total divisional media budget, acting as a consult for brands with their media decision making.
o Ensure PPD media plans are within Golden Rule guidelines, and collaborating with CDMO, Zone & Global colleagues in analysis and action planning against this.
o Own the B2B media plan (refining audience, driving lead gen, working with brands to create an always on calendar).
o Share and learn from best practice on the country media tribe.
o Support ways of working across PPD and key media partners.
o Identify opportunities to drive media innovation (championing 1% of budget allocation).
o Implement and manage media swim lanes in appropriate channels.
o Develop divisional paid search strategy, supporting brands in optimisation
o Animate an efficient multifunctional organization internally and externally:
o Drive the hub as it’s business leader, animating peer functions: marketing, financial control and data management.
o Maintain a culture of excellence
• You have
• Alongside several years experience in a media planning role and excellent leadership & communication skills, you should be confident demonstrating all of the following:
• Proven knowledge of media strategies
• A good understanding of how activity is bought & sold across platforms
• Ability to influence stakeholders based on data driven decision making
• Ability to monitor media performance
• Operate with discipline, tenacity and attention to detail
• Strong analytical assessment and interpretation
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure brand success and ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Organised: You have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
• Measured: You track the success of campaigns and initiatives so you can communicate clear performance metrics.
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brands and our customers. You are creative in overcoming challenges.
• Proactive and Open: L’Oréal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands-on approach.
• Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
• Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
• You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.