Human Resources Manager - Physical Distribution Manchester
Covering both Trafford Park and Bury Distribution Centres
9 month Fixed term contract
A global brand with a history of innovation and ambition. Here at L’Oréal, we’ve made it our quest to deliver beauty for all. It’s an aim that has seen us expand into over 130 countries and to develop operations across every retail distribution channel too. And we can honestly say that our careers are just as diverse as our business. After all, at L’Oréal, nothing is impossible. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
What are key highlights of this role?
You will act as a trusted advisor to both the Trafford Park and Bury Distribution Centre (DC). As part of the DC Management Committee of both sites, you will partner with the each site’s DC Manager to shape the HR vision for the site to enable delivery of a truly engaged workplace, helping to achieve the business agenda. You will also work closely with the Head of HR for Phsyical Distribution and the wider HR Managers to ensure the best possible employee experience.
As part of your role you will be able to quickly build strong relationships with internal managers and employees and be the first point of contact for HR related queries. You will be able to think on your feet, be solutions focused and results driven whilst also balancing long term thinking with delivering everyday operational excellence.
What are the key duties of this role?
• Own the HR strategy and People Roadmap within the Manchester Distribution Centres to drive engagement
• Be a trusted point of contact for the DC population providing support for the Leadership Team on both sites by enabling the continued delivery of positive employee relations, ensuring compliance with UK employment law and the L’Oréal Code of Ethics
• Support HR Manager in Nottingham when required
• Coach the leaders in actively developing their teams
• Contribute to the wider L’Oréal HR team and participate in the delivery and execution of wider HR projects. Own HR related initiatives and changes to legislation for the each of the Manchester sites.
• Support the Leadership teams on each site to development of our ‘Simplicity’ culture, building future capabilities through promoting continuous learning and promoting Diversity & Inclusion
• Manage Compensation & Benefits for your population
• Work with Learning for Development team to enhance site training opportunities and drive forwards succession planning for the site
• Work in Partnership with our recognized Unions and help delivery of the annual wage negotiations
• Recruitment of talented individuals (with the UK recruitment team) targeting zero vacancies, diversity and a pipeline of future talent
• Own the talent and succession planning agenda ensuring compelling careers for your population
• Support managers on all employee relations issues
• Work alongside the Head of HR of Physial Distrubution, divisional HRDs and HRMs to effectively manage headcount and salary mass elements for your populations.
• Entrepreneurial. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up
• Creative. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it
• Adventurous. L’Oreal is for pioneers. So you’ll embrace challenges and change
• Only human. You’ll make mistakes sometimes but you have no fear of failure because you’re smart enough to learn from mistakes
• Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way. That way, we all win
• Respectful. Whoever you’re talking to, you treat everyone the same
• One of the gang. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognize that teams are the real heroes. And so do we
• Open. To new ways of doing things. To other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas
• Flexible. You are just as comfortable in the detail and day to day as you are in strategy
• You. You’re real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organization
• Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work accurately at pace and cope with ambiguity
• Strong stakeholder management experience and the ability to deliver difficult messages
• Experience of leading key projects for the business
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly
• Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required to meet deadlines
• Ideally degree qualified
• CIPD qualified or with suitable alternative proven practical HR experience
• Full working knowledge of UK employment law and employee relations best practice including union experience (preferred)
What could L’Oréal offer me?
• World class learning and development opportunities.
• Excellent benefits including pension, profit share, product discounts and a competitive salary.
• Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
• The opportunity to be empowered and to lead the change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
How do I apply?
To apply for a role with us please contact Vici Cook or apply online