When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
• Assist the Data team in building best in class data products, enabling strategic decision making across the L’Oréal UK&I Business
• Work across the organisation and our agency partners, collaborate with senior business leaders and IT to help build tools and products to answer complex business questions.
• Develop a deep understanding of current and future needs of our stakeholders across the business, specifically the Market Intelligence team
• Work in close collaboration with the Head of BI, Product Owners & divisional stakeholders to execute on our long-term roadmap
• Understanding the interface between technology & business and how this impacts commercial decisions
• Work using Agile methodology to deliver high quality analytical solutions for user stories and use cases.
• Work collaboratively with a delivery team of Data Engineers & BI developers to design and deliver products that provide the insights to make strategic and tactical business decisions
• Collaborate with the business stakeholders on product launch communication, training, and product adoption
• Be responsible for high quality solution design and execution of a range of analytical projects
• Provide ongoing support to stakeholders and end users of our date products
• Have extensive experience working within a data team in a Digital organisation
• Experience of working in BI product teams to deliver value from data through advanced analytics, deep dive reporting, visualisations and building tools
• Technical skills – Professional experience of SQL and Python querying, manipulating, and analysing data, working with cloud-based data technology (GCP/AWS/Snowflake)
• Technical understanding of visualisation tools (Power BI/Tableau/Looker/QlikView etc..) with ability to build dashboards
• Highly detailed with a systematic approach, ownership, and strong focus on collaboration
• Strong experience in Agile framework/methodology
• Strong consulting skills to work directly with the business leaders and appropriately influence, understand, and resolve issues
• Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
• Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
• Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
• Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
• Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
• Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
• Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
• You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.