The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal
CONSUMER PRODUCTS DIVISION:
SENIOR PR & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
MAYBELLINE NEW YORK & ESSIE
The Consumer Products Division’s mission is universal: to offer the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in all mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, pharmacy’s and retail stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. The Consumer Products Division includes popular brand such as L’Oréal Paris, NYX, Mixa, Garnier, Maybelline & Essie
- Lead and manage the Communications and PR team for the US Make-up brands, comprising Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Make-up and essie.
- Develop creative and disruptive strategies, that align with the global vision, to build buzz and awareness, amplifying the US brands brands in the UK’s organic media landscape.
- Leverage your network of beauty directors, influencers and target media to secure product and equity driving coverage for the US brands.
- Own and manage each brands CSR initiative and the communication strategy for each partnership
- Guardian of each brands reputation working closely with key stakeholders and corporate comms to ensure messaging is low risk
- Work cross-functionally to ideate innovative 360 campaigns to fuel talkability for the US brands.
- Curate and manage all events and mailings as relevant for the US brands.
- Negotiate, sign and own ambassador relations, interviews and collaborate on shoots where relevant across the US brands.
- Champion UK needs and activation with local and global stakeholders
- A Communications expert: you love building brand equity and landing the message in the UK’s most influential press
- A Brand activist: you are passionate about working with brands that believe in their ability to effect societal change
- A trend spotter: you naturally see and identify trends to keep your brands and communication truly relevant
- An innovator: you thrive on finding new and disruptive ways to tell the story
- Consumer and commercially savvy: you think holistically about the impact you have on the purchase journey
- Highly organized: you can manage and navigate a complex landscape to deliver against your objectives
- A confident leader: you manage stake-holders with ease and lead/collaborate with sensitivity.
- An unrivalled media network
- Entrepreneurial skills
- A creative and strategic vision
- The ability to deliver results with integrity
- A sensitivity to your metier
- A collaborative approach
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.