SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
Lead a shared squad team of Technical analysts to support Data team POs delivery of multiple Data products for L’Oreal UK
Repor to the UKI Data Director to support planning and prioritization of multiple technical support projects (e.g., automation of data extractions)
• Support Data Director on detailed planning of support activities
• Represent a shared resources team, interacting with several stakeholders from the Data team to support their projects
• Acting as a trusted technical leader meeting deadlines, gaining confidence of the Data team
• Manage multiple projects in parallel
• Manage junior resources (Jr. tech. analyst)
• Support scaling Data products across UKI business divisions identifying standardization opportunities
Independently delivering technical projects and occasionally leveraging/ training 1 junior resource for extended support
MsC Software Engineering/ Computer science or comparable
Technical experience - 3-5 years experience in…
• Conception, development, maintenance of data & ETL pipelines
• Cleaning and preparation of data sources
• Modularising, corner case exceptions handling
• Implementing reusability by defining global classes & functions
• Defining well designed abstractions
• Complex SQL joins, sharding, indexing and H&V partitioning
Business experience - 2-3 years experience in…
• Managing multiple technical projects and teams in a business context, structuring and controlling for project execution performance in an agile environment
• Acting as independent contributor, ensuring deliverables are matched and prioritized for maximum impact, while managing 1 junior resource (Junior technical analyst)
• Working in cross-functional & global teams demonstrating initiative with little oversight
• Organised: You have a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
• Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
• Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
• Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
• Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
• Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
• Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
• You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.