Función del empleo: Sourcing
Tipo de puesto: Fix Term
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
País: United Kingdom
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
The Procurement Function mission is universal to all business Divisions & Corporate Functions: Supporting L'Oréal UK&I in offering the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people. We help the business manage £300m worth of expenditure, ensuring every £1 is spent better, smarter.
We are Process, Policy, Relationships, Innovative, Commercial, Connectors, Change agents, Entrepreneurs in our approach
The Sourcing buyer contributes to the efficiency of the Purchasing department, to the respect of internal control rules, to follow suppliers’ risk and to feed the Sharing Beauty With All (SBWA) program.
The Sourcing buyer is clearly oriented toward the Suppliers’ market to be considered as an asset for the business unit and a source of efficiency, innovation and value in.
- Support the Marketing and Digital Category in the UK & Ireland reporting into the Category Lead.
- Cover all the aspects of the Supplier Relationship Management – Setting up QBR’s, managing day-to-day change initiatives, follow-ups with the business and solve issues and queries on behalf of the business
- Quickly develop solid understanding of Business needs and priorities through recurrent contacts and formal meetings, together with the Head of Business Operations.
- Jointly define purchasing strategy with the Category Lead, build action plans to benefit from market opportunities
- Continually build knowledge of the suppliers’ market by driving benchmark & RFI or market scouting
- Develop deep knowledge of the business needs, expectations, priorities and goals in your category and anticipate new sourcing and future solutions, in partnership with the Category Lead Buyer and Senior Ops Buyers
- Drive mid-long term or recurrent RFP in link with Business needs and evolution.
- Identify new services and valuable suppliers able to bring tangible value, innovation and competitive advantage for our business
- Create & build strong deals and contracts with core suppliers by driving performing PSL, regular supplier evaluation, business reviews or specific events (suppliers day, business interaction)
- Create the condition to build strong relationships with our Suppliers on and in accordance with the internal control / ethical way of interacting, in partnership with the Operations Buyer.
- Contribute to supplier evaluation based on all operations managed by Suppliers inc formal evaluation of the total performance (price, quality, innovation, service and sustainability)
- Able to propose innovative and creative approach to our stakeholders such as new models, new organization, transformation and simplification (more than simply cost cutting)
- Accountable for the Budget process, as a collective action for the department: identify the initiatives, evaluate the savings in agreement with Finance and following the Sourcing System compliant process
- Influence Budget and Trend evaluation and be accountable in identifying risks and opportunities of the current projects or initiatives, in agreement with Finance, Category Lead and Senior Operations Buyers.
- Experience with executing strategies (running tenders, creating briefs, managing pitches, contract addendums)
- Experience with liaising with different stakeholders in matrixed organization ( Finance, Legal, Brands, IT)
- Strong understanding of the Marketing Supply Market Landscape and experience with benchmarking
- Experience with building or supporting Category Plans
- Good skills in negotiation and contract management
- Comfortable with multi tasking in a pressuring environment with multiple stakeholders across various divisions
- Proactive attitude, takes initiative and maintains momentum
- Good Excel skills (Pivot tables, formulas, visual representation of numbers)
Ideally the candidate will also have:
- Good Power Point presentation skills, comfortable presenting across multiple seniority levels
- Comfortable with working with Sourcing Systems for the tender process
- Evidence of stakeholder management in a complex, matricial and numerous network
- Good influencing skills and able to drive high level of confrontations
- Collaborative spirit is a must have
- Good organisational skills
- An analytical mindset
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
- Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
- Measured: We want to track the success of our projects and initiatives so all activities can show Efficiencies / ROI.
- Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot Opportunities & Innovation to drive our categories forward to ensure our supply base is fit for purpose, arming our brands with the must haves to push market share.
- Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or selling your ideas, creativity is needed, and the business loves new ideas.
- Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
- Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
- Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
- Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
- You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
◄ Volver a lista de empleos