Trade Marketing Manager – L’Oréal Consumer Products Division
Based in Dublin City Centre Full Time
Temporary Role (Maternity Leave cover)
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
The Consumer Products Division’s mission is universal: to offer the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in all mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, pharmacy’s and retail stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. The Consumer Products Division includes popular brand such as L’Oréal Paris, NYX, Mixa, Garnier, Maybelline & Essie.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for driving the trade marketing & brand activity in the Irish market working very closely with the UK teams to adapt the strategy to the needs of the Irish Trade and consumers. The role reports into the CPD Ireland GM.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Listen and develop a deep understanding of local consumers and generate new insights
- Work closely with the CPD Ireland GM and the UK marketing team to define the brand trade marketing strategy execution
- Take ownership and responsibility for all launches and develop the right plan to achieve objectives.
- Work closely with the Irish Commercial teams to beat commercial targets set for your brand. Be involved at senior level with retailers to influence commercial strategy and drive trade marketing initiatives to maximise brands plan with customers.
- Create compelling in store theatre that result in consumers switching to your brand portfolio.
- Deliver information/ materials and POS on time to the Commercial Team to maximize all brand plans & development
- Drive and follow promo plan and portfolio management
- Activate local ideas when appropriate to drive more customer facing
- Work closely with the CPD Ireland GM to monitor brand budget
- Work closely with PR to maximise all opportunities for your brand
- Take a lead to develop category relationships with key retailers working with the other CPD Trade Marketing Managers, Catman team & Merchandising team. Use appropriate data to fully understand your different categories and your
account shoppers. Work closely with the Catman and Merchandising teams to drive a vision for your common categories.
- Coach an intern or a graduate trainee
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment
- Educated to at least a degree level
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal) and Excellent presentation skills
- Highly numerate – strong analytically and Good commercial acumen
- Good understanding of Media planning
- Category Management expertise
- Social media and digital experience
- Flexibility for an international career is desired but not essential
- Skincare experience would be a plus
- Management of all Point of Sale material adapting international creative with local agencies
- Previous consumer Market Research experience is a plus
- Candidates will ideally have a classical FMCG background or previous experience in the beauty sector and / or luxury
- Experience in leading teams to achieve strong results
- Ability to create new concepts and a brand vision
- Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
- Commercial acumen, driven by targets with a desire to succeed
- Strong sensitivity to the beauty industry, product appreciation and an eye for aesthetics
- Previous knowledge of local retail dynamics and the retail environment
- Financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L, expansion analysis, sales forecasts
- Integrated-communication campaign planning
- Ability to inspire, motivate, coach and develop people
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
L’Oréal offers highly competitive salaries reviewed on an annual basis. We offer 25 days annual leave, in addition to nine days paid public holidays. Our employee product scheme offers significant discount across our product range. We offer a company pension scheme and a free life assurance scheme. We also a discounted dental care scheme, health insurance and pension.
What we look for
- You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them. Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards. You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
- You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to succeed in a flexible, high octane company.
- You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in flexibility as a way of life.
- You are a real leader, creating a compelling vision and then communicating it with style and charisma. You’ve always been comfortable defending a point of view. You’ll thrive on the challenges that an international environment brings.
- You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
- Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic quality, detail and quality skincare.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
You are …
- Passionate: You have a real passion for the beauty industry and love learning new things.
- Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
- Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
- Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
- L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
- ven if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
- You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an amazing brand within the biggest beauty company in the world – so if this sounds like you – APPLY NOW!