The position of Merchandising Manager NYX Professional Makeup is a key leadership role within the NYX Professional Makeup team. This position oversees all permanent and promotion activities – remerches, new stand development and promo display across the brands and through all our distribution channels (retailers, Boutiques, Trade Show) for UK & Ireland. It is the interface between our business and agencies including the production, design and field merchandisers. Managing a team of two, this role reports into the Head of Merchandising for NYX Professional Makeup and works closely with marketing, sales, supply and finance.
The Merchandising Manager works closely with the marketing, commercial and category management teams to create the visual merchandising and ranging strategy for the brand. This then needs to be followed through in ensuring merchandising initiatives are project managed through the agencies maintaining quality, within budget and adhering to timelines. Strong commercial relationships need to be created and maintained with the agencies and professional communication ensuring information is understood and expectations are exceeded. This position oversees the budget (Opex/Capex).
What are key highlights of this role?
- Work strategically to develop NYX Professional Makeup in line with brand positioning and the market. This includes regular updates on new product development and overall brand direction which need to be reflected visually on shelf.
- anaging the design and development of permanent and promo displays in line with international brand direction, tailored to local market; from brief through to final production and implementation.
- Drive remerch, animations and rollout strategy for the brand, managing team to deliver best in class planogrammes in line with strategy and the expectations of the trade + internal stakeholders.
- Strategically lead retailer trials and programmes from brand image and operational perspective.
- To be responsible for budget control and identifying cost effective solutions ensuring Merchandising Cost Database is updated, including building strong relationships with external agencies.
- Take responsibility for managing the promotion merchandising team and regular interns within the team.
- Design Agency - brief permanent and overview all promotional activities and give direction; to work together to design the overall visual look and feel; maintain the brand throughout and be the brand guardian.
- Production Agency - provide specifications and preferred materials to Project Create rate card; maximise Create rate card through challenging suppliers on creativity encouraging new innovations/materials.
- Merchandising Agency - manage costs on adhoc activity for external Merchandising Agency; maximise internal field reps to implement adhoc activity.
- Store maintenance/Aftermarket - ensure store look their best and manage agencies to hold minimum stock and control costs associated to production, storage and deliveries.
- Relationship with Zone & DMI team - ensure fluid communication and share best practice from UKI POS
- Ensure appropriate channels are followed when getting initiatives signed off internally.
- Present to Marketing Director and GM at weekly Marketing Meetings. Present designs and prototypes on a regular basis; secure management approval from top management to progress projects at critical stages of development.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Account Managers on specific retailers and develop measurable action plans within timelines.
- Assess competitor activity and develop designs that compete in terms of originality and impact.
- Preferred qualifications/experience:
- Good team management
- Experience of leading ranging strategy
- Project Management and multi-tasking
- Commercial Excellence – Numerical – strong negotiator
- Presentation Skills
- Attention to detail – creative eye
- Budget Management
- Good Excel & Pack office skills
- Experience working under pressure and autonomously
- Exposure to cosmetics industry or retail processes
- Leadership to be able to influence Marketing & Global teams
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.