Are you looking for an exciting and diverse job in an international and dynamic working environment? Are you willing to take responsibility, contribute, and further develop and secure our company? Do you want to work for a listed company that champions its ethical values and commitments for a sustainable business? Then you might be the one we are looking for to strengthen our Nordic Legal team as the Legal Counsel.
As Legal Counsel , you will primarily provide legal support to L’Oréal teams based in Copenhagen but also across the Nordic countries and work in a truly international environment. You will report to the General Counsel for the Nordics.
- Provide legal advice across all divisions and functions of the company in all fields of business law, including competition law, marketing law and contract law
- Design, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements and other legal documents, including commercial, advertising, property and information systems contracts with clients, suppliers, and partners
- Ensure compliance of the company’s activities with laws, regulations, and group policies in force.
- Contribute to continuously building an effective legal function within the Nordic Legal Team and collaborate with the wider L’Oréal legal community in Europe
- Conduct legal training across the divisions and functions of the company
- Trained lawyer with at least 3/4 years’ experience as in-house legal counsel or/and in a law firm practicing Danish law
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements enabling you to handle a broad variety of agreements
- Knowledge of competition law, marketing law and general understanding in intellectual property law
- Ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
- Thorough, diligent, and able to work collaboratively and independently within a multinational organization
- Strong commercial mindset and flexibility to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills in Danish and in English, both written and oral
We are looking for the Legal Counsel to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent . Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 85,4K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 35 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 38,28 billion euros in 2022, and e-commerce accounted for 28% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the seventh time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2022, L’Oréal was for the 6th consecutive year recognized by the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for having successfully created an inclusive and equal work environment. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.