Job: Material Movement Specialist I
Job Code: 01280
Department: Fulfillment Center
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: Streetsboro, OH
Reports to: Supervisor of the Department
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Perform all functions related to receipt of goods, put-away into warehouse, replenishment of pick areas, manual order processing, order auditing, shipment preparation, pallet building, truck loading and cycle counting inventory. All functions may require use of powered industrial equipment, RF scanners or hand-held equipment, as needed and computer systems, such as SAP, labor management systems.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Receives product from domestic and overseas vendors, stock transfers from other L'Oreal facilities, customer returns, refused shipments, and non-inventory support products. Accurately audits and verifies all incoming quantities for entry into computerized inventory.
- Performs on and off-site warehousing duties to include: the initial movement of materials to appropriate locations, effective space utilization, and material retrieval delivery, using powered industrial equipment as needed
- Performs order fulfillment duties to include: reviewing and prioritizing available orders, determining stock requirements and maintaining levels of required inventory, physically picking and packing orders, auditing and verifying picked orders, preparing completed orders for shipping, using SAP and RF as needed.
- Performs shipping duties to include: Locating pallets to the dock, performing dock audits, verifying driver information, loading shipments onto trucks, properly filling out and signing BOL, tracking shipments, using SAP and RF as needed.
- Ensure safety and quality standards are consistently followed
- Performs sortation duties to include: lifting cartons at sortation, palletizing cartons, printing pallet tickets, moving freight to the dock, using SAP and RF as needed.
- Minimum of one (1) year Distribution/Fulfillment/Warehouse experience
- General computer knowledge (SAP experience a plus)
- Effectively communicate with team, supervisor, and all departments
- Ability to follow direction with emphasis on safety, quality, and productivity
- High School or equivalent GED preferred
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, bend, twist, and stand
- Ability to work overtime required
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.