Job Title Material Movement Specialist II- Forklift 2nd shift
Division: Professional Products
Location: Streetsboro, OH
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Supervisor of Department
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Do:
- Perform all functions related to receipt of goods, put-away into warehouse, replenishment of pick areas, manual order processing, order auditing, shipment preparation, pallet building, truck loading and cycle counting inventory. All functions may require use of powered industrial equipment, RF scanners or hand-held equipment, as needed and computer systems, such as SAP, labor management systems.
- Receives product from domestic and overseas vendors, stock transfers from other L'Oreal facilities, customer returns, refused shipments, and non-inventory support products. Accurately audits and verifies all incoming quantities for entry into computerized inventory.
- Performs on and off site warehousing duties to include: the initial movement of materials to appropriate locations, effective space utilization, and material retrieval delivery, using powered industrial equipment as needed
- Performs order fulfillment duties to include: reviewing and prioritizing available orders, determining stock requirements and maintaining levels of required inventory, physically picking and packing orders, auditing and verifying picked orders, preparing completed orders for shipping, using SAP and RF as needed.
- Performs shipping duties to include: Locating pallets to the dock, performing dock audits, verifying driver information, loading shipments on to trucks, properly filling out and signing BOL, tracking shipments, using SAP and RF as needed.
- Ensure safety and quality standards are consistently followed
- Performs sortation duties to include: lifting cartons at sortation, palletizing cartons, printing pallet tickets, moving freight to the dock, using SAP and RF as needed.
- Distribution/Fulfillment/Warehouse experience
- Must be able to obtain L’Oréal Forklift certification which includes a written permit test and hands-on assessment
- Proficient in written English
- Effectively communicate with team, supervisor, and all departments
- Ability to follow direction with emphasis on safety, quality, and productivity
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends
- Must be able to lift 38lbs, bend, twist and stand
- Forklift experience a plus
- High School or equivalent GED preferred
- General computer knowledge (SAP experience a plus)
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Results oriented
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]
. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.