Job Title: Manager of Analytics, CRM & Media
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: New York, NY
The Professional Products Division (PPD) of L’Oréal USA is searching for a data driven, detail-oriented, business analyst to help with deep dive analyses and advanced analytics projects to support our direct-to-consumer, business-to-business, retail, and e-commerce distribution channels. This role will work closely with the Director of Analytics to develop and execute an analytics roadmap. Additionally, this role will work closely with our media team to provide brand-facing campaign reporting: pacing reports, campaign build, ad-hoc analysis, and high-touch optimizations.
The expectation is that this individual will become an expert on the PPD customer, both on the consumer and professional level, by developing and disseminating customer insights and analyses that support business objectives and will work with analytics and data capture on a brand and retailer level.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Analytics, Sales/Marketing, Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration, or other related fields
- 2 – 3 years of experience working with SQL – mastery of SQL is a must
- 1 – 2 years of experience working with statistical analytics languages (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- 1 – 2 years of digital media analytical experience
- Data Knowledge:
- Experience with modern dashboarding and data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Domo
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite is a must - heavy focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of integration concepts as they relate to sourcing data from disparate sources
- Able to effectively reconcile the needs of business stakeholders with the IT and Database management teams
- Ability to provide relevant, actionable insights and tell a story with data findings with the help of Director
- Strong projection & forecasting skills
- Media Knowledge:
- Understanding of basic media industry terminology and metrics (i.e. Impressions, Views, CPC, CPM, CPV, VCR, CTR, GRP, reach, frequency) as well as television performance metrics (i.e. demos and Nielsen)
- Experience with marketing technology-based data sources such as Google Campaign Manager, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manger, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience working with e-retail stakeholders as related to media and media spend
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of key CRM platforms and systems (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, Adobe, etc.) is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with retailers, as well as in “direct-to-consumer” and/or “direct-to-professional” environment is preferred, but not required
Judgement and Decision Making:
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Requires sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Assess inquiries and issues to determine protocol and next steps in appropriate follow up for resolution
- Able to effectively create and manage timelines
- Able to communicate with brand teams with clarity and sensitivity
- Travel will vary based on brand events or retailer location (Florida) – up to 5%
Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities (% of time spent):
- Disseminate and execute on a customer analytics roadmap, working with the Director of Analytics – proactively mining, querying, and analyzing the customer database (both consumer and professional) to lead a long-term direct-to-consumer, marketing, and business-to-business strategies (50%)
- Analyses roadmap to encompass various different verticals:
- E-Mail/Direct Mail/SMS
- Digital Media
- Promotions, In-Store Activations (via retailer)
- CRM KPIs (Acquisition, Repeat, Retention, etc.)
- Manage ad-hoc analyses in support of the business with key stakeholders (i.e. sales, planning, education, marketing) to help drive top-of-mind strategies and activations (30%)
- Assist with omnichannel pilots and projects as it pertains to customer data (20%)
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty, Consumer, and Professional Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers and professionals a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning, and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.