Job Title Manager, Brand Supply Management
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Clark, NJ
Reports To: Sr. Manager – Supply Planning
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
As the Manager in Brand Supply Management (BSM) you will oversee Finished Product Supply Planning for a category(s) under the CPD (Consumer Products Division) signature. This vital role connects Sales/Marketing and the Operation team to ensure successful product launches, facilitate constrained inventory with cross functional teams, lead tradeoffs discussion with Sales and Marketing team to maximize group sales target, while not creating excess inventory in this V.U.C.A (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) environment.
- Accountable for end-to-end product life cycle
- Oversee launch inventory position for US market and translate US market strategy to operation needs, that impacts global operation supply chain direction
- Leading Operations (Deployment, Assembly, GBSC (Global Brand Supply Chain), IM (Inventory Management)) and Business Planning (sales) during allocation period on weekly availability, SKU/account priorities and base vs assembly priorities
- Establish correct inventory parameters and safety stock strategy at national and satellite DC level. Monitor and communicates supply constraints at an aggregated level
- Manage phase out strategy with Global Supply Chain and Sales teams to ensure no service disruptions and minimal supply chain cost
- Key business partner in S&OP meeting that leads service risk & opportunity discussion which empowers the Brand GM to sign off monthly financials and inventory safety stock strategy
- Lead monthly Supply KPI scorecard and hot topics with Demand Planning, Marketing, Sales, Commercial Planning, Inventory Management & Assembly teams
- Weekly/Monthly DRP cycle to connect the latest supply signal to the factory caused by TikTok viral trend, Amazon and various retailer strategies. In addition, BSM manages import supply confirmation from other zones and weekly reservation from Global Supply Chain
- Spearhead monthly E&O (Excess & Obsolete) production avoidance review with Finance controller and category sales team to align C SKU strategy
- Scenario planning with GBSC during plant/line capacity and influence on priorities between product/brand/division based on risk assessment
- Establish and implement continuous improvement tools and process across US planning organization
What We Are Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience within Manufacturing or Supply Chain
- Possess well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of the organization
- Have the ability to synthesize information and create a clear synopsis of key issues
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Ensure attention to detail
- Demonstrate success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing a team of individual contributor employees
- Develop appreciation of local markets and cultural diversity
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound judgement in decision making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds a consumer / customer-centric organization
- Give space initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers both sustainable and short-term results with integrity
- Fosters a climate of trust, and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Encourages transversal cooperation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
- People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.