Job Title: Manager, Customer Relationship Management – Pulp Riot
Division: Professional Products Division (PPD)
Location: El Segundo, CA
The position is responsible for supporting the long-term professional and consumer Pulp Riot CRM vision, as well as providing consumer insights that are data driven across the customer’s lifecycle to be used across the multi-channel touchpoints. This individual will work with brand team in managing and maintaining activations, tracking and measurement of all brand-owned data across all activation channels including, but not limited to, email, SMS, direct mail, media, social, etc.
Collaborate with multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to distributors, retailers, schools, internal sales, & marketing partners to drive "direct-to-consumer" and/or "direct-to-professional" programs. Supports strategic brand objectives, launches, and activities; responsible for increasing conversion, repeat, & retention rates; segment & target customers more precisely; improving the number of active and loyal customers; strategically plan implementations through distribution/retailer partner(s). Partner and support the brand teams to action against annual plans to drive business results.
Blend brand marketing with direct marketing principles to deliver enhanced solutions and/or new recommendations to build the customer experience with line-of-site toward quantifying and improving ROI. Maximize all opportunities to cross-reference and merge learnings from multiple data sources, (i.e., CRM database and Retailer databases) to create omni-channel strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in direct-to-consumer, direct-to-professional, and/or direct-to-retailer CRM, growth marketing, project management
- Related work experience which demonstrates an understanding of and skill in the confluence of brand management and direct-to-consumer and/or direct-to-professional marketing principles
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management and statistics, particularly as it relates to CRM and customer analytics
- Demonstrated strength in communication and influencing skills; not only written and verbal, but also in the engagement of internal and external business partners
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Strong projection & forecasting skills
- Open to new ideas and actively builds networks to achieve goals
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, strategic thinker
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong computer skills necessary (All Microsoft Office programs) with heavy focus on PowerPoint
- Experience activating across multiple channels (i.e. direct mail, SMS, email, app, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of key CRM platforms and systems (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, Adobe, etc.) is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with retailers, as well as in "direct-to-consumer" and/or "direct-to-professional" environment is preferred, but not required
- Experience developing or running a brand loyalty program is preferred, but not required College degree (BFA, BA, or similar) in visual arts or other creative fields required
Judgment & Decision Making:
· This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to develop customer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, eCommerce, GM, Sales) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house expert on the account database to influence, convince, and introduce new ways of executing CRM. This position will require moderate supervision to maintain a proper corporate and divisional direction.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Travel will vary based on brand events or retailer location (Florida) - up to 5%
- Must be able to work in an office environment, minimum of 3 days per week.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities: (% of time spent = 100%)
- Communicate overall Pulp Riot strategy to brand leaders and distribution partners in account database (40%)
- Account database expert: access, mine, synthesize, and translate data (40%)
- Conduct meetings to facilitate the share of customer insights and the communication of plans/programs (10%)
- Develop customer programs by brand across channels (10%)
- Leads with Human Sensitivity - Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our "Métier" - Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty, Consumer, and Professional Behavior.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship - Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers and professionals a company asset.
- Innovates - Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights
- Achieves Results with Integrity - Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity - Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning, and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively - Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.