|Title: Customer Development Manager - LP - Walgreens |
? Location: Deerfield, IL
? Field: Sales
? Required Work Experience: 3 - 5 Years
The role provides support to L’Oreal Paris National Sales Manager(s). You are responsible for analyzing Marketing, Sales, IRI and Account Specific data for the purpose of managing the brands that we compete in for internal meetings and projects along with external industry conferences. Through this analysis, the CDM identifies business opportunities and strategies to grow the brands at assigned account/accounts across all categories. You also provide leadership in coordinating, planning, implementing and analyzing account programs that lead to achievement of the Division’s business objectives and goals.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Facilitates communication with key cross functional teams within the division to coordinate National Sales Manager internal/external initiatives
- Maintain the Internal Sales Reports including New Item Performance, Retail Sales Reports and Business Assessments
- Analysis of account specific events, P&Ls, shipment forecasts, retail sales and new items sales
- Develop/process ad hoc brand specific reports
- Act as liaison to field sales teams
- Develop new processes
- Meeting planning Forecasting Sessions, Sales MRM, Field Sales Workshops, Sales Meetings
- Create presentations and templates for key meetings
- Monitor internal reports from other cross functions to ensure sales alignment
The Network you would Work With
• You will build strong relationships with members of sales team. You will have close contact with Senior Management within the division and other department staff including Marketing, Customer Marketing, Sales Admin, Sales Operations and Category Management.
Potential next steps with L'Oreal after this role
• After a successful approximately 2 – 3 year period in this position, the possible next steps could be CDM on a larger business, internal New York positions within Sales operations such as Customer Marketing, Sales promotions/Planning/Training, National Account Manager, or Regional Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
• Completion of a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area.
• 3+ years of experience in account management and/or merchandising in the consumer products industry.
• Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
• A Valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to create an account specific selling story by utilizing a combination of syndicated data, POS and internal shipment information.
Essential & Desirable skills
• Results oriented.
• Very flexible to change.
• Ability to adapt and multi-task.
• Ability to interact effectively, positive attitude.
• Timely completion of reports/planning deadlines
• Strong communication skills
• Over-all attention to detail and follow-up
• Outstanding analytical skills. Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Business, Trade Math and Language application skills.
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.