Job Title: Digital Operations Product Manager
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: New York, NY
The role of Digital Operations Product Manager will be tasked with developing the Professional Products Division’s (PPD) digital strategy and managing the delivery of fundamental and strategic key bet projects according to the division’s digital product roadmap across the portfolio of haircare brands.
The ideal candidate will have experience in project and product management with an ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across a matrixed environment. This role must partner cross-functionally with the brand’s direct-to-consumer and integrated marketing communications leadership teams, global and US business stakeholders, to ensure the timely and cost-effective launch of projects within the aligned timeline, budget, and technical scope.
The candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, be extremely organized and laser-focused on attention-to-detail for all aspects of project delivery. They will be required to work in an agile and collaborative fashion with all cross-functional teams spanning technical and business stakeholders.
They must be able to identify risks and report status clearly and effectively to other team members and senior leadership. This person must have strong communication skills and understand how to prioritize digital projects in an efficient way, while keeping the overall project objective and goals in mind.
The person should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be a self-starter who is willing to share learnings with teammates and brand teams, while also working closely with corporate partners such as our CDMO, Digital IT, Digital Services Factory, as well as business partners ranging from creative agencies to highly technical systems integration companies.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables & responsibilities:
- Proven ability in successfully running multiple projects and ability to self-motivate, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with avid attention to detail and follow through with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication, negotiation skills.
- Develop an optimal digital product roadmap, based on data-driven insights and consumer feedback.
- Accountable for understanding and recommending best-in-class site functionality based on competitive analysis and iterative testing of site experiences.
- Demonstrates strong digital vision with a willingness to learn new technologies and platforms embracing an agile mindset to drive innovation for the division.
- Responsible for brand’s website platform management, partnering with the L’Oréal USA product team to ensure the brand website is maintained and best practices are implemented.
- Work with the centralized data-driven marketing teams to leverage insights into actionable items that can improve the division’s eCommerce and eMarketing strategy.
- Collaborate with the developer teams to ensure all technical needs that the brand has identified are implemented within the eCommerce or eMarketing platform.
- Analyze KPIs/customer journeys to monitor and maximize effectiveness/ROI of both existing capabilities and new initiatives.
- Advanced technical knowledge working with 3rd party integrations, tagging and pixels.
- Experience developing creative briefs and project briefs for agencies and creative teams.
- Partner cross-functionally with CRM and Media teams to evaluate channel growth opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide website performance and optimization recommendations with experience in Google Analytics.
- Clear understanding of the full online customer journey and must be highly organized and adapt to change as needed.
- College Degree
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a product management, eCommerce role, tech background with Agile or Project Management certification a plus.
- Technical experience with Google Analytics, eCommerce platforms (Salesforce Commerce Cloud) and Content Management Systems (Sitecore) a plus.
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker with strong ability to manage complexity and manage multiple large projects that touch many stakeholders.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with strong cross-functional relationship management and keen ability to keep projects on track.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong time management skills and prioritization.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize initiatives and anticipate business needs.
- Strong product management skills: ability to work with agility to solve problems and overcome obstacles to build product and deliver results in incremental and iterative way.
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurship skills with the ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data into actionable insights and optimizations
- Commitment to research, competitive analysis, user/stakeholder reviews, analytics, and un-biased recommendations in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to influence others with demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to participate in presentation skills to senior leadership.
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of digital strategy, project management, analytical thinking, communication, and data management, skills as it will require the ability to develop and manage the division’s digital product roadmap. It requires constant interaction, providing insight and recommendations work in collaboration with internal brand & external business partners within a matrixed business structure (Brand Marketing, Headquarters, GM, CDMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house product management expert to deliver strategy key bet projects and new innovation for the division.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Must be able to work in an office environment, minimum of 3 days per week.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e., explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e., motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e., demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e., improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables, and follow-through (i.e., accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e., analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning, and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e., finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e., presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.