PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS DIVISION
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Redken Education Experience Manager
Job Grade: Manager
Supervisor Title: Redken Director of Education
Location: Field Education / Remote in Designated Territory
SECTION 2: JOB SUMMARY
The Redken Education Experience Manager (EEM) has the responsibility to effectively manage the planning and coordination of all brand events, experiences, activities, and execution of salon education plans in a defined geographical territory. The EEM role ensures that the level of support is consistently delivered and aligned with PPD/Brand standards.
The Redken EEM needs to build strong relationships with the education teams within the field, distributor partners and the corporate office through the collaboration and implementation of education and business programs. Build strong relationships with salons within designated territory to support in-salon education strategy to increase in market share and new partner activities.
The Redken EEM will work closely with the DOE, and all sales partners (BSD-DSM) to plan and implement new partner programs, and Black Level Salons in their designated territory. The EEM is also responsible for managing the logistics and successful execution of education and ticketed events in their territory. In order to achieve this, the EEM must exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills, negotiation skills, a diligent work ethic, flexibility, creative thinking and the ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere.
The Redken Education Experience Manger will report to the Director of Education (DOE), while working closely with the AVP of Education, Brand Sales Development (BSD’s), and the Distributor Education Team.
SECTION 3: JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus
- At least 3 – 5 years of event planning, education and/or professional beauty industry experience. Management/supervisory experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills
- Vendor negotiation experience
- Ability to manage a high volume of activity, with adaptability to changing demands
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of Salon Centric / distributor organization
- An understanding of Salon Centric / Distributor educational planning as it relates to class policies, use of field, contract trainers and event P & L
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint (required) and SalesForce.com and/or SAP (preferred)
- Must live in designated geographical territory
- Ability to travel moderately (minimum 20%)
- Ability to be flexible and accept change and be a team player
KEY UNDERSTANDINGS AND COMMITMENTS:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal/PPD Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of brand Education philosophy and training methodology.
- Full comprehension of Brand’s Artistic Network skills/book-ability.
- Responsible for the effective scheduling and tracking of in-salon/store classes and in field events.
- Responsible for budgeting, coordinating and logistics of Brand distributor shows and events.
- Works with DOE, VP of Education and Sales and Distributor partners in the planning of educational programs to fulfill market needs, meet sales objectives and support new product launches within their territory.
- Manages NYO Artist bookings, contracts and expense reports through the Event Management System.
- Participate in all corporate events.
- Supports brand events and shows as directed.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Oreal/PPD standards.
- Attends sales meetings and artist trainings as directed.
- Maintain the Brand Image as defined by the NYO.
SECTION 4: JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our field education, sales team and distributor partners.
SECTION 5: ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Limited travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
SECTION 6: FINANCIAL SCOPE:
Responsible for effective spend and reconciliation of Region Fuel Education Budgets.
SECTION 7: KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
EDUCATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Lead the discussions, planning and execution of the ‘Redken Salon Education Plans’ for all top Black Level, Multi-Platinum Salons and New Partnership Salons to drive sales and increase in salon market share.
- Conduct regular meetings with Top Salon Customers in collaboration with PPD Sales Teams to align on joint priorities and reinforce education support to drive results.
- Fluently speak to benefits of Redken education support and adjust education plan as needed
- Responsible for determining the type of class, location, overall management of brand field based ticketed programs, including specialty programs with the Saloncentric Education Teams
- Work with select RE’s (determined by DOE) to plan, implement, budget, coordinate the logistics for brand field-based classes, prospecting, new partnership / conversion programs.
- Participate in sell-ins and sales meetings as directed.
- Collaborate with SC Sales and Education team to strategically contract top Artists; ensure bookings and expense reports through the Event Management System.
- Works with DOE to establish class qualification and artist selection for localized distributor education.
REGIONAL BUDGET OVERSIGHT
- Manages in salon educational fuel budgets for submission to the AVP of Education and the DOE.
- Works with Salon Centric Education team to reconcile and manage budgets monthly
- Create and/or Manage POs for the territory.
EXPERIENCE AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Works closely with DOE, RE, BSD’s and distributor to establish participation in and logistics of major distributor shows, VIP Events and training programs.
- Works with DOE to develop a 12-18 month educational plan for distributors.
- Support setup, event logistics and breakdown for events as needed.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
1. Navigates Critical Conversations
Requires Training on My Learning
Problem Solving with Top Customers
Understanding of Role / Collaboration among various Teams
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Ability to make correct decisions that moves the business forward
Ability to have critical conversations and take responsibility for action
Strategy / Vision / Leadership / Judgement / Ambition
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
Judgement: Seeing beyond the obvious.
Understand the underlying meaning of any situation and have the keen ability to navigate complexity.
4. Manages Complexity
Strategy: A careful plan or method for achieving a particular goal usually over a long period of time.
Collaboration and Effectively Influencing situation
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
D.E. & I. Training
Adheres to the L’Oréal ethical principles and acts and rewards accordingly
6. Interacts Effectively
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
- Always has the big picture in mind
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.