Job Title: Email & SMS Manager
Function: LUXE HQ
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: VP, Digital
Location: New York
Date: May 2022
This position will be responsible for helping drive customer loyalty and revenue growth across email, SMS, Direct Mail and other owned marketing channels. This role will own communication including segmented broadcast messaging and trigger campaigns, develop new programs to drive customer engagement and loyalty and implement best-in-class strategies for personalization across owned channels. Working closely with our creative, category and merchandising teams from ideation to execution, this person will manage the launch and execution and calendarization of marketing campaigns and report on performance.
• This individual will be responsible for:
Email – Briefing our agency of record as well as proofing and approving all messages before their deployments
SMS – Creating assets, setting up and deploying campaigns within SMS platform
Direct Mail / Owned Channels – Partnering with cross-functional partners to execute and deliver on channel KPIs
• Partner with the creative team to proactively communicate asset needs that support overall execution across email, SMS and direct mail
• Project manage across analytics, product, and marketing to meet fast-paced schedules while ensuring quality
• Own execution of the contact calendar aligning with key brand initiatives, product inventory and business trends
• Develop and execute robust A/B testing plans to improve email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, and revenue
• Manage campaign reporting and analytics with the goal to discover insights to optimize results
• Assist in developing and executing lifecycle marketing programs to expand customer lifetime value across digital channels, SMS, direct mail and more
• Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, CAN-SPAM regulations, and ESPs
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
• Ability to operate in fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
• College Degree
• 3 - 5 years in a direct to consumer email role.
• Experience with corporate reporting systems, CRM platforms, databases and data systems required.
• Experience working with a web analytics program required.
• Proficiency with technical tools and systems, especially customer databases and analysis and reporting tools and packages.
• Deep understanding of consumer behavior in order to build out key consumer segments and deliver the most relevant offers and communications to our user base.
• Strong people leadership skills, including the ability to influence, coach, develop and to get work done through others.
• Ability to work across the organization and influence executives, cross divisional teams, partners, peers and leadership from across the company.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, duties and/or projects.
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.