Title: Key Account Manager – Tier 1 Accounts
| || |
Location: Minneapolis, MN / home based position
No. of Openings - 2
Customers: 1 position will call on Supervalue, 2nd position will call on Safeway
Brand: L'Oreal Paris
Required Work Experience: 3 - 6 Years
Responsible for achieving sales volume, market share, distribution, and profit objectives for assigned accounts through acceptable account management practices to include planning, coordinating, and executing company selling strategies.
Key Job Accountabilities
· Implement Strategic Initiatives
· Lead preparation for Account Meetings
· Promotional Planning with Retailer
· Develop Custom Programs with Customer Marketing
· Own APEX events/marketing spend & baseline Forecast
· Joint Business Planning
· Own returns/MD Management
· Trade Show Preparation
· Planogram Recommendations to Retailer – With ACM
· Coordination of events/meetings with Maybelline/Garnier
The Network you would Work With
- Internally you will build strong relationships with your immediate sales team, up to and including your specific FSVP. Also 1 time per year plans presentations to include senior management. You will continue to build relationships and Network across other Maybelline • Garnier • essie and LOP sales teams. In addition, you will have interaction with the Customer Marketing, Sales Operations, Marketing, Logistics and Customer Service departments.
- Externally you will be in close contact with your account’s entire buying team.
Potential next steps with L'Oreal after this role
After showing sustained success as a KAM for approximately 2-3 years, some of the next steps may include:
- Tier 1 Key Account Manager – On a different Account/Business
- Customer Development Manager
- Account Category Manager
- National Account Manager
- Customer Marketing
- Sales Administration
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related area.
- Three or more years of experience in Sales or Marketing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Syndicated data knowledge/analysis (Nielsen/IRI) required.
- Knowledge of trade-math and business language.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results.
- Should be results orientated.
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
- Industry or account-specific knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Financial P & L management.
- People Management Skills.
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.