Position Title: Manager, Regulatory Affairs Americas
Location: Clark, NJ (Hybrid)
Department: Regulatory Affairs, SRCM
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4,100 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, open to the world. L’Oréal, Research & Innovation is a vast, multidisciplinary, scientific community working in more than 30 specialized fields, spread out across the world in 21 research centers across 6 regional hubs, 14 evaluation centers, and 49 scientific and regulatory departments. Our employees represent over 60 nationalities and are united for one passion: to invent and perfect innovative, high-performance products for the well-being of all across the world.
To discover more on our scientific and technical functions at L'Oréal Research & Innovation, please check out our website
We are seeking a Manager of Regulatory Affairs to join our Regulatory team in our Clark Research facility. The Regulatory Affairs team is part of the Safety, Regulatory, Claims and Micro (SRCM) team that supports the work for R&I and the Americas zone.
As a Manager in our Regulatory Affairs team, your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure products placed on the market comply with local, country and/or federal regulations
- Proactively monitor changes in the regulatory environment and provide insights and recommendations on how to address them appropriately
- Assess impact of upcoming regulations and ensure the appropriate action plans in place to meet compliance deadlines
- Lead a team of specialists responsible for regulatory compliance and topic management to ensure products meet compliance requirements on the marketplace
- Provide the expertise required to defend Group’s regulatory policy and projects before the relevant authorities and stakeholders
- Reinforce and strengthen relationships with key external stakeholders
- Develop a strong interface with the other US-based organizations, particularly R&I and Business divisions
- Provide assistance, as needed, for Country/Zone Scientific Directors, acting as a key partner and subject matter expert
- Define team objectives and ensure the team organization and skills match the needs by enhancing quality, improving service, optimizing costs and developing the skills of team members
- Lead cross-disciplinary projects initiated within the Regulatory Affairs network
- Ensure the functional team organization and skills are fully aligned with the needs of the country/zone and region, working closely with the respective leaders
- Assist in managing crisis situations when they occur
To Succeed in this Position, You Have:
- A Bachelors in a relevant scientific discipline (advanced degree preferred), with 7+ years of progressive experience required
- At least 3-4 years of experience in leading, managing and developing high performing cross-functional teams required
- Strong results driven, project management skills to drive tasks to completion
- Relevant regulatory affairs expertise in the cosmetic, fragrance, OTC, and/or consumer/personal health care industries, with global vision of the profession
- Leadership experience with a strong results orientation, positive “hands on” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done with demonstrated grace and even temperament under pressure.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex Regulatory requirements and initiatives for key business target audiences.
- Full proficiency in English
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
To Succeed in this Position, You Are:
A Functional Expert:
- Competent in executing and building on business partnerships within R&I
- Experienced in monitoring and reporting on emerging developments and regulatory affairs, including introduction of new legislation and/or regulations of importance to L’Oréal’s strategic decisions.
- Effective at networking and able to build contacts with relevant external and internal stakeholders to identify and address issues as warranted.
Collaborative and Influential:
- Self-motivated person who empowers and inspires high performance teams; can influence by means of logic / rationale backed by analysis and data as opposed to leveraging authority and directive command.
- An effective communicator who has an ability to express themselves clearly, provide clarity and alignment in their activities, and proactively collaborates with business and functional stakeholders to define and implement a holistic approach to Regulatory and Scientific Affairs in Americas.
- Contribute to an energized environment with high morale and ethics based on the defined business and functional strategy and focused on teamwork and alliance building capabilities in a matrix organization. A team player who is trustworthy, reliable, and competent.
- A passionate and persistent individual who has demonstrated that he/she can thrive in rapidly changing, fast growing and fluid environment; possesses high level of professional and personal integrity, positive energy, and a sense of winning, coupled with flexibility, sensitivity and openness in approach.
- Highly ethical and possess grounded judgment when making decisions, including demonstration of sticking to core company values and code of conduct. Takes appropriate risks and follows through on commitment despite difficulties or complications.
- An effective leader who brings optimism and excitement to others, with an ability to present himself/herself professionally and confidently in large public forums.
What's In It For You:
- Corporate Short-Term Incentives (Corporate Profit-Sharing Bonus, Individual Performance Bonuses based on level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (Up to 2 Days per week work from home for eligible roles, subject to manager approval)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.