Función Laboral: Investigación
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: New Jersey - Clark
Manager-Raw Materials Project Portfolio Manager
Founded by a chemist in 1909, L’Oréal
leads the world of beauty with 28 global renowned brands such as Maybelline, Lancôme,
Ralph Lauren, Matrix, Redken, Skinceuticals, Essie, Kiehl’s, YSL, and
Clairsonic. With $23 billion (Euros) in annual sales and present in 130
countries, over 700 registered patents and launching over 500 products a
year. With 3.7% of its consolidated sales invested into its world-wide
research facilities. To continue to reach even greater heights, we
welcome exceptional individuals, like yourself, to join us. Our Research
and Innovation team pushes the boundaries of science to invent and perfect
innovative, high performance cosmetic products to meet the diverse needs of men
and women all over the world.
L’Oreal USA is currently seeking a talented and innovative Manager -Raw Materials Project Portfolio Manager to join our Advanced Research department located at our Clark, NJ facility.
· Support and develop the business, by valuing and continuously improving the L’Oréal portfolio of raw materials used in formulations
· Manage collaborative projects between suppliers and US laboratories to support concepts development and product launches
· Provide assistance to US laboratories in matters pertaining to raw materials used in L’Oréal formulations
· Work as part of a global team to ensure the sustainability and security in use of our raw materials
· Management of collaboration projects with suppliers to support US laboratories’ project needs by clearly defining technical objectives, and evaluation methods, and effectively managing project deliverables and timelines.
· Leads the securing of specific raw materials or identifying alternative for raw materials in crisis, by coordinating activities of the lab, Purchasing, Quality, and DIMP (Innovative Raw Materials), providing regular proper communications summarizing the activities, and making suggestions for next steps.
· Management of technical data in order to ensure data compliance with chemical and cosmetic regulations. Dossiers must be reviewed, evaluated for inconsistencies, and corrected as necessary.
· Comprehend and answer the technical requirements of a laboratories’ requests,
· Promote the valorizing of raw materials to US labs by suggesting alternative raw materials to laboratories based upon technical, regulatory, and safety knowledge of raw materials, as well as hosting supplier workshops
· Management of the team that is responsible for new raw material qualification (safety and sustainability) and codification.
· M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or biochemistry, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in the personal care/cosmetics or household/home care markets
· Demonstrated strong project management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
· Good attention to detail and quality of work
· Contributor who must interact frequently with suppliers on an independent basis to obtain documentation
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with the labs and various support groups, both domestic and internationally, in coordinating activities linked to supporting raw materials
· Knowledge of French a plus
· Must be legally eligible to work in the US on a long-term basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.