Luxe Supply Chain
Manager/Sr Manager – Demand Planner
The Demand Planning Manager/Sr Manager influences leadership across the organization to optimize the service level and inventory. Responsible for the construction of the shipment and sales forecast of basic, launch, and promotional goods. Work closely with the Supply Planning team to identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply chain. Accountable for leading Marketing, Sales, and Finance to consensus of forecast to ensure product is forecasted accurately considering all demand signals.
- Manage the development, review and implementation of an accurate forecast for use in financial, production and strategic planning processes. Identify areas of risk and opportunity to the business plan due to internal/external factors and alert Management. Drive the continuous improvement of the demand planning and inventory management processes and systems.
- Train, mentor and provide technical direction to Demand Planning team members.
- Interact & collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Finance partners in the development of the forecast. Challenge the forecast based on analytical data - both quantitative (shipments/consumption) and qualitative (marketing, advertising, promotion) demand signals. Assure reconciliation of forecast with financial trend and clearly communicate risks & opportunities. Animate the forecast consensus meetings to ensure objectives are clearly identified and decisions are made.
- Monitor channel performance versus the forecast throughout the month identifying any key shifts or trends. Analyze forecast variation/deviation with the goal to minimize out of stocks and prevent the build of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Interact with supply planning partners to identify forecast deviation and/or supply chain constraints and find solutions. Ensure on-time availability of product, developing action plan or alternatives for delayed product.
- Manage the product catalogue inclusive of product life cycle. Analyze and interpret SKU effectiveness and efficiency. Guide and drive SKU rationalization.
- Drive action plans to reduce Excess & Obsolete.
- Monitor the performance of new launches and animations versus the forecast. Develop ship share models to monitor execution versus ambition. Issue launch and animation assessments.
- Key business partner in the trend/budget process for your brand.
- Lead/participate in special projects as needed.
- Monthly reporting of channel level KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years demand planning or related experience
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required
- Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate MS Excel required, advanced Excel helpful; experience with a forecast modeling tool preferred
- Working knowledge of: Use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems, data management/databases, supply chain operations
- Must have ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
Ask us about L’Oreal’s workplace flexibility programs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.