Job: Marketing Manager: Lancôme
Reports to: General Manager
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Define and guide the country brand strategy consistent with the international brand positioning and the country’s priorities to contribute to continued growth of the brand and the consumer relationship.
• Define the strategic directions and the 3-year marketing plan, guide portfolio priorities (new launches, pillar products’ renewal and animation of core catalogue).
• Steer the collection and analysis of consumer and market insights, share findings with the zone to ensure the consistency of new product development with the country’s needs.
• Take ownership of international launches and create the right angle of attack locally to build integrated, engaging consumer brand experiences locally. Supervise the entire development process and the respect of deadlines.
• Manage the budget (sales forecast, price strategy, profitability of the brand, P&L, etc.)
• Lead the marketing mix strategies (IMC/360/Digital/Retail) and the adaptation of communication (imagery, digital, point of sales.
• Mobilize other departments (sales, logistic, education, etc.) and partner agencies to develop a broader business strategy.
• Define clear messages to present to top management and accompany the teams in the preparation of meetings.
• Build, develop and manage your team, train them, and develop their marketing expertise and know-how.
• Own the brand patrimony, guarantee the brand identity: ensure that all actions are in line with the sense of purpose while nourishing the brand.
• Translate the brand’s sense of purpose into a retail strategy for the country (services, advice).
• Influence the B-to-B strategy working hand-in-hand with the retail and education team, lead the roll-out of retail material (service, advice, etc.).
• Develop the PR strategy for the brand, the influencer network and social personality for the brand.
• Develop the ECOMM business to contribute 20% to the brand in the next year and 30% in year two.
• Actively participate in conception to implementation of the D2C site for the brand.
Technical & Professional Competencies Required:
MARKET & CONSUMER INSIGHT:
• Identifies market drivers
• Translates trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights
• Thinks brand strategy
• Imagines disruptive products & services
• Develops integrated campaigns that work
• Integrates retail & shopper expertise
• Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
• Integrates sustainable, business consciousness
• Creates collaboration for bigger success
• Shares & leverages best practices
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven work experience (10 years min.) in working in a similar role
• Analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Effective communicator at all levels of the organization and with external groups
• Advanced level of experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint advantageous
• Strong Project Management knowledge and skills
• P&L Management
• Able to travel
• Team management