Define and guide the country brand strategy consistent with the international brand positioning and the country’s priorities to contribute to continued growth of the brand and the consumer relationship.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Define the strategic directions and the 3-year marketing plan, guide portfolio priorities (new launches, pillar products’ renewal and animation of core catalogue)
- Steer the collection and analysis of consumer and market insights, share findings with the zone to ensure the consistency of new product development with the country’s needs
- Take ownership of international launches and create the right angle of attack locally to build integrated, engaging consumer brand experiences locally. Supervise the entire development process and the respect of deadlines
- Manage the budget (sales forecast, price strategy, profitability of the brand, P&L, etc.)
- Lead the marketing mix strategies (IMC/360/Digital/Retail) and the adaptation of communication (imagery, digital, point of sales)
- Mobilise other departments (sales, logistic, education, etc.) and partner agencies to develop a broader business strategy
- Define clear messages to present to top management and accompany the teams in the preparation of meetings
- Build, develop and manage your team, train them and develop their marketing expertise and know-how
Specific to selective divisions:
- Own the brand patrimony, guarantee the brand identity: ensure that all actions are in line with the sense of purpose while nourishing the brand
- Translate the brand’s sense of purpose into a retail strategy for the country (services, advice, etc.)
- Influence the B-to-B strategy working hand-in-hand with the retail and education team, lead the roll-out of retail material (service, advice, etc.)
- Influence media and promotion plans
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
MARKET & CONSUMER INSIGHT
- Identifies market drivers
- Translates trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights
- Thinks brand strategy
- Imagines disruptive products & services
- Develops integrated campaigns that work
- Integrates retail & shopper expertise
- Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
- Integrates sustainable, business consciousness
- Creates collaboration for bigger success
- Shares & leverages best practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 6 years of FMCG experience.
- Minimum 6 Year of Marketing experience.
- Proven track-record of launching, accelerating and/or turning around brands Profound expertise and experience with digital, social media and influencer activations, preferably for make-up or similar impulse driven FMCG categories.
- Sufficient knowledge about the current South African eCommerce dynamics
- Previous marketing assignments in senior roles (e.g. Senior or Group Product Manager) Certified Marketer Level 1 as a plus.
- Must be certified with Marketer Level 1
- Marketing or Relevant qualification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition or disability. We adhere to all local Labour Relations legislation.