Essential qualification – must have
- Strong background in material chemistry, inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, green process chemistry and chemical engineering
- PhD with minimum of 5 years of professional experiences; industrialization of invented technology or equivalent experience is essential (prove of transformation is appreciated: patents, market use…)
- Strong networking skills; being able to establish good relationship with external experts and internal colleagues with different functions
- Project management and leadership skill
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Fluent in English, native in Japanese
- Multi-cultural experiences (ex. living outside of Japan for more than several years)
Preferred qualification – nice to have
- Management experience (more than 3 years) would be highly appreciated
- Background / knowledge of Data Science, Computer Simulation, or Materials Informatics
- High ability to detect new/emerging technologies and to connect those technologies with future business.
Ideal personal attributes
- Open minded; willing to learn totally new things, outside of current expertise.
- Outgoing scientists with strong convictions and motivation to be shared with other scientists within our company
- Entrepreneurship; willing to transform disruptive innovation to real products
- To propose and deliver innovative solutions answering to strong and important consumer needs; to make proposals with insuring the technical and scientific relevancy; to evaluate and test the technology; to analyze the results and decide the next steps further; to write scientific reports
- Management of multiple collaborations projects; to develop a detailed project plan; to lead a cross functional team; to monitor and track progress; to manage resources and budget
- Interaction with both internal and external experts, assure alignment with internal strategies
- Scouting new technologies in Japan in the field of Materials Science
- Lead and manage projects for feasibility study and proof of concept; transform them into later stage project.
- Scouting new seeds and PIs; starting new collaboration project aligned with internal strategy
- Facilitation and coordination of collaborative activities in joint research center with National Institute (Project Status Update, Project Review, Gate Meeting, Steering Committee Meeting, etc.)