Función del empleo: Manufacturing
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: North Little Rock, AR
Job Title: Mechanic I
Division: L’Oreal Operations
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Reports To: Technical Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
To support production and processing activities through predictive, preventative, and repair maintenance in order to ensure the safety of personnel, the quality of finished goods and the performance of equipment.
What We Are Looking For:
• Associate of Applied Science or equivalent electronics or electro-mechanical experience preferred; General or Industrial Technology curriculum.
• May be required to pass confined space certification and/or forklift certification;
• Minimum of 2-3 years of related industrial maintenance experience.
General Job Duties
• Ensure production/processing equipment is ready for use when needed and that equipment performs to pre-established standards;
• Perform various maintenance responsibilities, repairs, fabrication and modifications to production/processing equipment; perform PM’s.
• Answer calls to work on down lines;
• Control machinery through computer terminals (login on the labor system when working on packaging lines);
• Conduct tooling changes on machinery;
• Relieve cell members from running production lies where required;
• Conduct and document productive/preventative maintenance procedures (refer to specific department duties) using CMMS.
• Maintain knowledge and practice of Quality and Safety Policies, Line Manual Book Procedures, Good Manufacturing Procedures, and Reject Percent (refer to specific department duties);
• Demonstrate knowledge of cylinders/valves/pneumatic equipment;
• Coordinate projects when required by Technical manager, cell manager or engineer;
• Communicate orally with cell manager, team leads and other employees and provide technical training to all line personnel;
• Complete special projects: Such as rebuilding machines, replacing/adding needed equipment, or designing and implementing machine changes (refer to specific department duties);
• Document time spent on each project using CMMS;
• Inventory and order parts as needed using CMMS Work Orders through SSI;
• Arrive on production floor 15 minutes prior to start of shift (refer to specific department duties);
• Clean equipment and perform other custodial responsibilities;
• Lead TPM methodologies from inception to completion
• Analyze downtime through the use of information where appropriate.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
• Frequently use wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, wire cutters, power drills, other hand tools, and machine shop tools;
• Occasionally use safety scissors and safety knifes;
• Occasionally use large equipment such as pallet jacks (electronic and manual), forklifts, and E-Z lifts.
• Utilize machine shop equipment (drill presses, band saws, mills, lathes, welder).
• Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devises in these areas;
• Moving machinery, such as forklifts: Employees required to operate a forklift must successfully complete forklift operator training;
• May work in confined spaces: Employees required to work in confined spaces must successfully complete confined space training;
• All Line Mechanics are provided with and required to wear safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and may be required to wear100% cotton uniforms; must wear safety gloves.
• All employees are properly trained in use of adjunct lifting/moving equipment and proper body mechanics.
• Complete ARC Flash training and adhere to requirements.
MANIPULATION REQUIREMENTS: (HANDS OR FEET) This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel, perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and performing gross motor manipulations involved in assembly of machinery and moving equipment.
• Read, understand, and document specific instructions listed on the preventative maintenance sheet and/or CMMS;
• Work independently, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
• Perform the physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section using safe ergonomic techniques;
• Have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production within specific industrial norms and standards;
• Communicate well with other employees and Cell Managers and Team Leads;
• Possess good technical skills in a majority of the following fields: Mechanical repair, electrical/electronic diagnosis, electronic program revision and development, failure analysis, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, welding, basic machine shop practices, PLC troubleshooting/programming;
• Have good mechanical aptitude, proven by the Standard Timing Model Test;
• Look for equipment inefficiencies/failures and for methods of improving the existing operations;
• Maintain a telephone, radio or message system to ensure communication in the event of an emergency situation;
• Have visual/auditory acuity required to see/hear maintenance requests and warning alarms;
• Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
• Work well as a team member and/or independently as required;
• Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
• Demonstrate good attendance.
Marginal Job Duties:
• Lift in excess of 50 lbs.
• Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
• Must selflessly develop others through training.
• Must thrive within a changing organization.
• Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
• Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
• Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
• Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
• Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
• Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
• Resolve conflicts directly.
• Must listen for understanding.
• Must have a positive attitude.
• Must be committed to team decisions.
• Must Communicate effectively.
What’s In It For You:
• Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
• Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
• Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
• Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
• Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
• Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.