BDM – Professional Channel - Baxter
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for attaining sales goals for Baxter of California products in the Northeast (PA to ME) through the Professional Distribution channel. Sales targets will be reached through support of existing accounts and proactively driving new business, focused on salons and Barbershops, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Understand and embrace the BOC brand and message
- Work with AVP Business Development to forecast and achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Liaise with, manage and inspire Region Saloncentric Distributor Sales Consultants to sell and represent Baxter of California
- Present Monthly Animations and Launches to Saloncentric Distributor Sales Teams at Monthly Sales Meetings
- Responsible for the development and growth of existing accounts through Saloncentric Sales Teams
- Generate high profile leads and engage in a regional based prospecting process – directly and in conjunction with Saloncentric Sales Teams
- Support where necessary for Director of National Lifestyle Accounts for servicing large chain Lifestyle Channel Accounts, for example, Nordstrom, Club Monaco, Bloomingdales and Barneys
- Interact effectively with BOC Marketing and PR to leverage branding, press and merchandising to active accounts
- Work directly with Customer Service and Accounting departments to manage account relationships
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in the required timely manner
- Maintain active account list and maintain files on each account's vital information
- Management of leads generated by BOC website inquiry system
- Development of a new business database to manage all prospects
- Primary contact for all assigned accounts including order processing and inquiries, including new product launches, back bar, deliveries, back orders and returns
- Create and present reports and analysis of the business regularly
- Attend and assist in set up for trade shows, special events, etc.
- Be alert to trends in diverse channels: lifestyle, men's grooming and treatment, professional, travel and hospitality, etc.
- Salon sales and new business development experience strongly preferred.
- Personal interest in the men’s fashion, lifestyle and grooming space preferred.
Technical / Professional Competencies Required
Minimum 5 + years of experience
Strong analytical skills. Excellent computer skills - MS Office
Ability to put together a fact-based sales presentation based on data analysis, compelling marketing stories and solid understanding of the account.
Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
Proactive, sense of urgency.
Ability to assess strategic customer needs and build alliances
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.