L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
Manager, Open Development- IT Cosmetics
As the Manager of Open Development, you will be responsible for technical aspects of developing and homologating specific products for IT Cosmetics (ITC). Drive innovative product development assignments with your awareness of scientific literature, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends. Engage key stakeholders (ITC, L’Oréal Research & Innovation teams and Vendors) to define evolving priorities and working methods. Must be able to manage complexity and changing priorities.
- Track and maintain awareness of ITC development projects and manage multiple projects and priorities with varying complexity at a given time.
- Work closely with designated vendors to get the information needed in order to build a good foundation to initiate formula review and formula entry
- Initiate formula entry into internal systems and issuance of documentation for existing and new ITC products. Coordinate with the ITC Development team to ensure launch targets are met
- Provide management, internal labs, and support teams with information regarding the ITC brand, status of projects, and product information, as well as coordinate and follow up on general requests.
- Keep good relationship with vendors to insure product quality in a timely fashion
- Identify raw materials and technologies suitable for product development from either in house or vendors.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development.
- Work closely with designated cross-functional teams to help objectify sufficient data for claim validation
- Provide technical support on benefits and claims
- Monitor the quality and conformity of formulas
- Provide mentorship and training to support groups
- Manage 1-3 direct reports
- BS in Chemistry or related sciences
- 5+ years’ experience in cosmetics industry, color cosmetics preferred
- 2+ years’ of management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Hybrids and Sun care a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Position is based in Clark, NJ and will travel to Jersey City, NJ 2-3 times per week
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.