Manager- Packaging Innovation, Skincare
Clark, NJ, New Jersey
In this position, you will be managing and leading new innovations for skincare products. Your balance of creativity and execution will foster a roadmap to drive new product development.
The mission is to successfully create innovative products that deliver an emotionally charged experience, the best product performance, and fuel L’Oreal business.
Bring an expertise in the packaging and product development field, to be able to offer a strong, viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the partners we support.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present compelling vision to gather senior management’s support of the team’s ideas
- Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials, and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking (unknown)
- Creation of amazing and innovate ideas, with an understanding for the capability to transform into manufacturable products
- Knowledge of mold functionalities and molding processes
- Experience in working with a broad spectrum of materials and manufacturing
- Able to anticipate and mitigate risks to successfully transform innovation
- Knowledge of finished products manufacturing capabilities – internal to L’Oreal and external
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Manage and influence innovative design to conception and design to cost
- Management of all project milestones in technical timelines to ensure on-time transferring to the industrial teams
- Drive sustainability initiatives though conceiving the packaging of tomorrow
- Create, identify, and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Must have authorization to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of proven experience in package engineering & new product development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- Skincare development experience is a plus
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.