Función del empleo: Human Resources
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Berkeley Heights, NJ
País: United States
Manager – Payroll
The Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate paycheck production and year-end Form W2 Wage and Tax Statements for over 12,000 L’Oreal employees. This includes successfully managing staff to ensure timely & accurate processing of payroll as well as timely response to customer inquiries.
• Payroll Processing – Administer and manage all aspects of the end-to-end payroll process in an ADP Vantage Payroll environment. This includes payroll data batch input, validation, calculation, preview processing and review, and final acceptance and processing.
• Time Administration - Manage the time collection process in an ADP Vantage and Dayforce time system environments. This includes review of time cards for accuracy, validating manager approvals, and reconciliation and integration of time data into the payroll process.
• Deduction Administration - Manage garnishment, benefit and voluntary deduction set up and changes.
• Customer Service – Support individual L’Oreal employees and payroll partners including Human Resources, Salary Planning and Total Rewards with all forms of payroll service inquiries in a call center environment.
• Employment Wage & Tax Compliance – act as a subject matter expert for payroll and employment tax inquiries.
• Organizational effectiveness - Understand business objectives and implement organizational improvements. Participate in special project activity as required.
• Staff engagement and management – As a leader in the payroll department assist with employee engagement and management.
Technical / Professional:
• Payroll acumen - In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in all aspects of payroll. Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
• HR policies and programs – ability to interpret, apply and monitor HR policies to payroll and time administration.
• Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of Payroll best practices and trends (i.e. multi-state taxation, federal, state and local compliance, process automation, etc.).
• Compliance - In-depth knowledge of employment tax withholding and reporting requirements and wage and hour rules and regulations.
• Data management - Solid knowledge of employee data system and integration points.
• Data analysis - Evaluates data to assess business implications, and make sound recommendations.
• Sound organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of 5 years payroll management experience, or relatable HR experience
• Payroll acumen - In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in all aspects of payroll. Certified Payroll Professional preferred. Experience with Payroll Management Systems
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and planning skills
• Strong Microsoft Office suite experience including presentation building skills
• Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive date and information on a regular basis