Provide direction to management on safety and health requirements and regulations. Position contributions made to L’Oréal’s safety, productivity and quality:
The Validation Manager provides over-site of L’Oréal’s Validation program, working closely with Corporate Safety and ensures that all programs are up-to-date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Sciences, Engineering or a related field required.
- 3-7 years of previous experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in management of installation, operation and performance qualification and documentation of equipment preferably in an FDA environment
- Experience in management of change
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs required.
- Candidate must have an understanding of safe equipment design, operation and machine guarding, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene Principals, Fire Protection Systems, Powered Industrial Trucks, and Hazardous Materials. Understanding of process safety management preferred.
- ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and VPP Star experience
- Certified Safety Professional Certification or Associate Safety Professional Certification preferred
- Experience in CAD using AutoCAD or other software preferred
General Job Duties
- Reviewing and updating all written safety and health programs
- Auditing all safety and health programs to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Management of contractors and vendors working for L’Oreal
- Daily review of Engineering Department safe management of the facility
- Technical review and Engineering approval of Processing and Packaging Safety related to hazardous materials.
- Controlling and eliminating hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage
- Assisting in the identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional engineering knowledge, skills and abilities
- Advising on structural safety requirements based on failure mode analysis of factors such as fatigue, stability, stress and concentration
- Designing protective equipment or safety devices for machines
- Redesigning machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards and/or reviewing proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted engineering principles and practices and recommending technical changes as needed
- Applying knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operations of machinery and equipment.
- Documenting accidents and near misses
- Preparing for Plant Audits and following up with corrective action
- Maintaining documentation of fire and emergency response inspections
- Staying up-to-date with new safety guidelines and regulations
- Assist in the implementation of Behavioral Based Safety Program
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Computer, fixture technical guides and handbooks and all facility equipment
- Manipulation requirements: (Hands or Feet): This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving materials.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Communicate well with other employees and supervisors;
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to read and understand written material required by their position;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the Franklin L’Oréal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.