L’Oréal strives to win over another one billion consumers around the world by innovating and creating products that meet the infinite diversity of our consumer’s needs, and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people with unexpected ideas, the ability to challenge the status quo, and are ready to shape and disrupt the future of beauty. “Run it as your own business” is our mantra. Got what it takes? We are currently looking for a Demand Planner in Copenhagen in the Consumer Products Division.
As the Nordic Demand Planner, your role is to be responsible for the Nordic forecasting and the strategic effect on ensuring customer’s satisfaction and business visibility on the strategic horizon. Planning the demand to support ambitious targets is at the heart of our business and critical for L’Oréal’s on-going success. The role reports to the Nordic Demand Planning Manager.
- Work in close collaboration with our marketing, sales teams and business planners to construct the best possible forecast, both in operational and strategic horizon
- Collaborate with our finance teams and provide a solid forecasting input for budgeting and finance trending purposes
- Demonstrate high integrity to develop and manage the relationship with marketing, commercial, business development, procurement and controlling teams
- Ensure collaboration with the supply planning team efficient product life cycle management and timely inputs that optimizes the inventory availability and quality
- Participate in forecast construction and forecast validation meetings for the Nordic countries
- Present forecast figures to top management in a manner that facilitates the precise and qualitative decision making
- Ensure effective implementation of new forecasting tools and processes
- Coordinate and align with international teams, such as S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning)
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of demand and supply planning processes and techniques and have some experience, preferably from the FMCG industry. You must also be able to demonstrate a team-orientated approach in addition to the following:
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent
- You have at least 2 years of working experience
- You are an IT literate with advanced Excel skills. SAP knowledge and experience is seen as an advantage
- You are exceptional in problem solving and have analytical skills with special attention to detail
- You have excellent communication skills and experience on working with diverse stakeholders
- You are able to work proactively and prioritize efficiently
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to take initiatives and drive actions
- You have a flexible approach to work and the ability to cope with a dynamic and changing work environment
We are looking for our new Nordic Demand Planner to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 29.9 billion euros in 2019 corresponding to an 8,0% increase from 2018, and e-commerce growing by 52,4% accounting for 15,6% of sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the fifth time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2019, L’Oréal was for the 3rd time ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.