Do you have a flair for figures and an analytical mindset? Do you want to be challenged and developed within your area of expertise? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and dare to take responsibility? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our Credit team in Copenhagen as the Credit Specialist for our Norwegian market.
The Credit Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely cash collection through continuous monitoring and collaboration with customer and internal stakeholders. The Credit analyst coordinates all credit related activities according to defined Credit policy to ensure a clear and risk optimum process for customers and L’Oréal. The role reports to Nordic Credit Manager.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Enforcement of payment terms
- Follow-up and retrieve customer payments
- Manage the blocking and releasing of orders with credit issues or risks
- Ensure that Customer accounts are in good order
- Resolve all situations related to litigations and claims involving deliveries, deductions, commercial deals and returns
- Monitor credit KPIs
- Build and ensure a communication flow to inform commercial counterparts in Norway about potential credit issues
- Contribute with country expertize on defining and updating the Credit policy
- Escalate action on overdue accounts
- Manage Credit risk of Norwegian Customer portfolio.
- Help develop and maintain related processes
- Credit management or other relevant experience from AR or Collection
- Knowledge and understanding of credit and collection related legislation
- Negotiation and Customer relation skills
- Process development skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- SAP and Excel skills - preferred
- Fluency in English and Norwegian
We are looking for our Credit Specialist to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. We are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply!
What’s in it for you?
We offer you an exciting position with great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and passionate colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts more than 900 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, with Denmark being the Nordic headquarter.
With its unique international portfolio of 34 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 26.02 billion euros in 2017. As the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail and branded retail. Research and innovation, are at the core of L’Oréal’s strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world and attract one billion new consumers in the years to come. L’Oréal’s sustainability commitment for 2020 “Sharing Beauty With All” sets out ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain.
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.