Operations Management Internship
Job: 12 Month Operations Management Internship
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Walton, Kentucky Distribution Center
The objective of the L’Oréal USA Internship is to provide “real-world experience” for the intern and to provide an opportunity to evaluate future career opportunities. Interns work in a variety of settings and have diverse responsibilities. The typical Internship is assigned to a site and given specific projects to develop and implement over the course of the internship. Each intern is given the opportunity to develop hands-on skills using the latest technology. You will have the opportunity to turn creative ideas into practical application, and to obtain valuable knowledge and skills in both technical and managerial aspects of a distribution center.
- Ability to coordinate and organize a 12 month project.
- Drive process improvements and elimination of waste through analysis of warehouse processes and data.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to drive initiatives improving customer service, increasing productivity, and reducing costs.
- Benchmark, evaluate and author documentation tied to warehousing processes.
- Work with our internal automation to increase efficiency.
- Enhance product flow in warehouse through continuous improvement.
- Support supply chain projects and drive key priorities.
- Optimize site productivity and service level through effective inventory planning, capacity planning, and slotting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, or business-related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study or extracurricular activities.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Previous internship/co-op experience, preferably in a Supply Chain environment.
- Knowledge in business intelligence, programming, Excel Macros and VBA
- Working knowledge of 5S/Lean
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.