Responsibility to help drive Performance of the UP within the Plant as it pertains to Packaging materials and process. To ensure that quality and performance KPI’s are met for all new launches, through a solid review (risk assessment) of the packaging components, formula, filling and packing elements. Be the champion for creation of Packaging IN and OUT and palletization plans in order to drive cost and waste optimization and actively contribute to continuous improvement within the Plant (Performance to include cost, mechanical uptime, and waste minimization) through the standardization and optimization of components and processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND BASIC DUTIES
- Ensure good performance and efficiency between AC /Filling and packing equipment: participates in conception risk analysis between QCP and Pre-specs, facilitates filling and packing Risk Assessment with UP, Packaging, IQ, Supplier; manage risk assessment mitigation plan for closure; establish “manufacturing guidelines/CDC” per UP.
- Line trial execution to validate plant can run new component/conception: Define with UP, Technical Launch & Capital, Maintenance and Industrial Quality the tests to be conducted to prove technical feasibility: line trials including success criteria in term of quality, fill level, uptime.
- Defines and approves Packaging-IN specifications guidelines for AC: ergonomic considerations to support safety, handling for interaction with UP equipment, validates g/per unit (by type of AC commodity), communicates with Packaging Engineer and Supplier to ensure guidelines are followed and waste reduction target obtained. Enter Packaging-IN data into MINDS tool.
- Initiate and organize all line trials: ensure AC availability for existing components, coordinate receipt of new AC with Packaging Engineer, schedule and attends Line trial and summarize results and action plan
- Defines and specifies all tertiary packaging (packaging-out): packers, dividers, shippers, shipper label, bundle wrap and to ensure all tertiary packaging have standardization as much as possible to drive efficiencies and cost down. Enter packaging-out data into MINDS tool.
- Defines optimum palletization plans, ensure Supply Chain constraints are taken into consideration; ensure 100% accuracy between data entry and physical measurements.
- Works with the UP and IQ to establish defect range boards for finished goods: fill levels (min/max), panoplies of defects for marketing approval (through Development).
- Reviews finished goods specifications and work instructions with UP, ensure standardization of “Good practices” across UPs.
- Collaborate with Packaging Engineering for optimization of existing AC in order to improve quality, reduce cost (Value Analysis) and/or drive Uptime improvements.
- Follow performance indicators linked to his function.
- Support FAT’s with data to validate the ability of the components to interact with new equipment in a manner that meets and exceeds safety, quality and production requirements.
- Follow performance indicators linked to the POLE function established in masterplan.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Strong PC Skills utilizing Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and related MS Office Software. SAP, Minitab is a plus.
- Strong quality experience in a manufacturing background preferred.
- Be self-motivated and work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures.
- Have the ability to manage groups and to work well in a cross-functional team.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and build positive work relationships with all levels of the company.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of packaging materials, packaging manufacturing.
- Knowledge of industrialization processes (filling and packing equipment).
- Experience in technical role involving industrial/mechanical engineering (Packaging design, UP, mechanical engineering).
- 3-5 years’ experience in package development, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics, quality, continuous improvement, and production KPIs.
- Good communication skills, ability to convince and influence.
- Good organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information.
- Packaging & Development Staff
- UP & Logistics Staff
- Manufacturing staff
- Distribution Center staff
- Packaging suppliers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.