Position Overview: The packaging Operator is responsible for the total operation of all manual, semiautomatic and automatic packaging lines.
- Total operation of manual, semiautomatic and automatic packaging lines and powder presses including quality control, material procurement, line set up and adjustment of product within specifications, light preventative maintenance and communications as required to operate the line.
- When required, trains Packaging employees, observes work being performed to ensure that proper procedures are followed, cosigns pertinent records and maintains a smooth flow of production in the work area.
- Assists in operation of the department with particular care toward GMP’s sanitization, quality control, safety, housekeeping, production control and L’Oréal operating procedures.
- Continual cooperation with management in the development and implementation of processes for improvement: e.g. quality, line and plant efficiency, housekeeping, etc.
- The changeover of a line, including sanitization of parts, to establish GMPs.
- Responsible for movement, documentation and supply of incoming components and bulk to the packaging lines and finished product and materials from the lines to the staging area.
- Responsible for all production and inventory controls including; ordering the next scheduled job, recording of inventory, personnel, production and inventory close‑out transactions.
- The ongoing upkeep of the line including housekeeping.
- Performs all other work relative to Packaging as directed.
- Must be able to work PM Shift/Overnight
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- High School education or GED equivalency required.
- Experience and knowledge of specific production/processing areas, machinery, and product items is required.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Must be capable doing repeated bending, lifting and standing for long hours.
- Must have knowledge of and be capable of working with all products including current and promotional products.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Able to speak and write effectively).
- Must be able to work off shifts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.