For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
• Manage the L'Oréal USA patent and patent application portfolio for Skin, Hair and Augmented Beauty metiers: Communicating with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and US and foreign counsel, Reviewing and preparing US and PCT patent applications for filing with the USPTO, including IDS, Declarations, Assignments, and Power of Attorney, preparing related correspondence from patent filing to issuance of grant, including preparing in-house preliminary drafts or template responses to Office Actions, including claim amendments and other documents
• Maintain dockets and manage filing deadlines, run bi-weekly dockets meetings with patent attorneys/agents
• Update and maintain patent records in our patent management system, ensuring the quality of data in our databases
• Track inventions and submissions by inventors of invention disclosures and information related to invention disclosures for US & BR R&I.
• Coordinate and initiate patent application national phase filings, foreign extensions, EP validations, and abandonment processes
• Partner with the labs (US and BR) in order to obtain and share necessary information on patent related matters
• Coordinate the filings of French applications with French outside counsel
• Provide IP trainings to the R&I community on Patent Processes and Patent Module
• Work with the US and global Patent and Research groups and with outside counsel on patent-related projects
• Commit to keeping abreast of changes in PTO and PCT rules and procedures, and able to share knowledge with team members
• Perform other administrative tasks as needed
- 5+ years professional experience as a patent paralegal in a patent law firm or corporation within the US
- A Bachelor Degree or a Paralegal Certificate
- Highly knowledgeable in US and PCT patent administrative rules, procedures and processes, some knowledge in European patent procedures a + ; US and PCT filing experience necessary; Should know how to navigate and retrieve patent information in PAIR, PatentScope, and EspaceNet
- Detailed-oriented, very organized, very thorough, team player, and a good communicator
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR