Develop optimized monthly plant production plan through the implementation of L’Oreal scheduling methodology, while considering 12 month sales demand, component supply bottlenecks, inventory requirements, and asset/labor utilization
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain discipline required.
- 3+ years management experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel required (including data analysis, logic testing, pivot tables).
General Job Duties
- Translate final time-phased production plan into detailed 12 month schedule for each manufacturing asset, anticipate supply problems and implement resolution, manage inventory trend projections, and asset utilization.
- Assures schedule is continually maintained and communicated throughout the supply chain.
- Implement schedule policies that ensure supply stability and responsiveness that includes the use of safety stock to increase responsiveness and compensate for inconsistent supply or variable demand.
- Communicate supply issues, deviations from the plan and potential resolutions to appropriate parties.
- Measure production to schedule performance and schedule stability including reasons for changes.
- Act as primary interface with customer service, production and fulfillment personnel.
- Maintain established systems of product identification.
- Prepare and maintain production/inventory reporting.
- Update product availability comments in SAP Fusion for all open stock SKU’s.
- Publish monthly plan validation documents to internal and external partners.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed SHE’s action level. Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas.
- Proper PPE is provided with and required to wear safety glasses, hair nets, uniform smock, steel-toed shoes (depending on specific department requirements.);
- All employees are properly trained in use of adjunct lifting/moving equipment and proper body mechanics;
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Exceptional technical competence.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Ability to track production to plan.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.