Department: Open Manufacturing (NYX)
Location: El Segundo, CA
For more than a century, L'Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L'Oréal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Drive escalation and resolution of production issues to drive monthly plan adherence.
- Driving agility projects to respond to fluctuations in demand
- Proactively manage inventory to track Excess &Obsolete and report on a monthly basis
- Understanding the contract manufacturer capacity and process
- Ensure the efficient relationship and communication with Logistics/Industrial Quality/CM) for each catalogue
- Work with the Master Scheduler to define the prioritization and planning of launches within the production plan
- Issue any alerts to all internal and external stakeholders and drive resolution
- Collaborate with Purchasing in the development of relationships with suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of supply chain related to catalog including service, plan execution, inventory, and agility metrics
Technical Requirements & Personal Competencies:
- SAP experience preferred
- Advanced Excel strongly recommended (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels and external suppliers.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding and have a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Engineering or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a high-performance manufacturing facility, cosmetics industry preferred.
- APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
Leadership Behaviors and Competencies Required:
We lead this way to empower everyone to contribute to our mission of Beauty for All
Lead with: Trust, Respect, Inspiration, Collaboration Clarity and Courage
Innovator: Ability to demonstrate curiosity and challenge the status quo
Strategist: Ability to build a shared vision and strategic frame
Entrepreneur: Take initiative with courage and transparency
Integrator: Listens and communicates effectively, networks
People Developer: takes charge of own development and fosters learning
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.