Position Overview: Partner with contract manufacturers to develop the short term schedule from the monthly production plan to optimize customer service, plan execution, inventory, and agility targets.
- Manage catalog of open stock SKUs and multiple contract manufacturing partnerships.
- Plan component inventories and maintain planning parameters to manage the inventory investment within budgeted levels.
- Work with L’Oréal Division teams to achieve new product launch availability targets.
- Manage excess/obsolete inventory in terms of liability projections to the Divisions and also facilitate rapid disposition.
- Communicate well verbally and in written formats while working in a liaison role between Production and Suppliers.
- Develop strong relationships with Contract Manufacturer(s) by formalizing working processes, key indicators, and monitoring supply performance.
- Participate in the production plan validation
- Analyze and send monthly production plan to Contract Manufacturer(s) including PO’s.
- Track and resolve bottlenecks to ensure the monthly production plan is executed on time and that achievement and adherence targets are achieved.
- Anticipate and inform on any supply issues, build action plans to mitigate, and work on medium term capacity planning strategy with Contract Manufacturer(s).
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for any plan misses and implement action plan to mitigate for future.
- Develop logistics requirements (specifications) with suppliers.
- Initiate and drive lead-time improvement and agility projects.
- For co-manufacturing operations, manage material inventory levels to ensure budget targets are met.
- Conduct and reconcile regular physical inventories to maintain accurate system information, which requires travel.
- Manage the production rework process as applicable for catalog.
- Clear communication and transparency with all risks to the production plan.
- Maintain the master data accuracy and ensure alignment with Contract Manufacturer(s).
- Lead and implement process improvement projects as required.
- Address open invoices and in-transit production per KPI targets.
- Partner with Launch Managers on production plan execution.
- Responsible for all aspects of supply chain related to catalog including service, plan execution, inventory, and agility metrics.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a high performance manufacturing facility (cosmetics industry preferred).
- Must be familiar with Materials Requirements Planning, (preferably SAP)
- Advanced Excel proficiency strongly recommended
- Ability to interact effectively with various operational departments and levels of the organization (inside or outside the plant).
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Must have strong written/verbal communication and analytical skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.