L’Oreal Beauty Devices
Principal Mechanical Project Engineer
This position is responsible for design and technical project leadership in development of high volume consumer products for beauty applications. The Principle Project Engineer is recognized as a subject matter expert in Device Development and will lead cross-functional teams in the development of new devices for skin cleansing, anti-aging, and other personal care and beauty applications. This includes leading internal L’Oréal teams as well as managing external contract design organizations. In addition, the Project Engineer may evaluate over-the-counter technologies or other potential technology acquisitions.
REPORTING – Reports to AVP Mechanical Engineering and Sustaining
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead cross-functional development teams from Product Definition to Production.
- Manage external product development activities.
- Provide System Engineering support for current and future products.
- Integration of consumer insights into engineering system specifications
- Requirements definition
- Risk assessment
- Documentation of function and performance
- Overall responsibility for delivering high-technology beauty device through design process
- Mechanical design of electro-mechanical devices
- System design leadership to ensure compliance of subsytems related to formulations and packaging and other subsystems
- Analysis of mechanical tolerances for performance and manufacturability
- Rapid prototyping of proposed designs using appropriate to function processes
- Detailed design for manufacturing processes and device performance
- Assure appropriate levels of verification and validation for commercial and medical and non-medical devices
- Develop processes for efficient and effective product development
- PhD/MS, or BS in Mechanical Engineering with equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in device development
- 10+ years of project leadership in device development
- High level of skill in analysis based on first principles
- Demonstrated systems level engineering experience
- Successful track record of cross-functional design and product development with launched products
- Significant experience with detailed mechanical design
- Excellent CAD modeling skills, Solidworks experience preferred
- Experience with designing for injection molding and other high volume processes
- Familiarity with Electrical Engineering design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers from various disciplines
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Authorization to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.