Do you like executing quality control activities, evaluating raw materials, conducting periodic surveillance on various physical operations and more?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As a member of the Quality team, you will support Quality Assurance through the execution of Quality Control activities in the Demi-Grand. This involves evaluation of incoming raw materials, conducting periodic QC surveillance on different aspects of the physical operation, and troubleshooting non conformances.
- Perform identification evaluation of all incoming raw materials in DG.
- Create and maintain a library of raw material standards used for evaluation of all incoming materials in DG
- Set up the material parameters in Pegase based on the material properties, to include sampling instruction, special handling and storage instructions
- Perform selected testing on incoming raw materials in DG (identification and basic tests)
- Manage all material releases in the system (follow up on controls performed by supporting groups) and resolve issues related to management of the backlog
- Generate non-conformance notification and track them
- Handle technical correspondence with the vendor to resolve pending issues
- Assist investigations and participate in bulk reject meetings held with DG management.
- Assist in execution of internal Quality audits of departments as defined by annual QA plan, and recommend solutions to observed issues, and assist with Best Practice compliance efforts.
- Drive investigations, contributes to corrective action generation, tracking and sustainable implementation for quality issues
- Interact with local development chemists in regards to troubleshooting Quality incidences.
- Develop, review and update standard operating procedures, work instructions and forms pertaining to the area.
- Evaluate work flows within quality department and beyond, identify continuous improvements and implement sustainable changes
- Assist in inspection of stock components and management of releases of those items in the system
- Assist in inspection of finished goods and check filling records prior to disposition and shipment
- Actively participate in safety improvement programs
- Perform other duties as required
- A BS degree in Chemistry
- 1+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment (internship experience will be considered)
- Basic knowledge of a manufacturing environment
- A sense of urgency and hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Knowledge of MS Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with different levels of R&I staff.
- Able to lift 10 lbs (sample handling and standard management)
- Authorized to work in the US
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR