ABOUT THE JOB:
- Deliver to clients their orders in compliance with the Service Level Agreement defined by the subsidiaries and according to the Group best practices.
- Optimise the cost to serve (costs, deadline, quality) and ensure the management of related logistic activities
- According to the rules defined by the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the subsidiaries/clients and the distribution Delivery Center, participate with the DOP and the Supply Chain Director of his/her Divisions to the definition of operating rules
- Define the budgets and operating costs and size the needed resources to achieve the objectives.
- Steer the EHS policy with the QSHE of the site and ensure that objectives of the Delivery Center are met, especially concerning safety, quality and environment
- Optimise physical logistics means and administrative flows in order to improve performance and ensure the stock reliability (stock-taking).
- According to the organisation, participate to the definition of new strategies regarding distribution and optimisation of the Physical Distribution with the sales departments, the clients and the Customer Care.
- Build and animate tools and performance indicators of the Delivery Center.
- Be responsible for the compliance of the Delivery Center with the local legislation enforced and with the Group rules. Animate relations with Social Partners.
- You must have previous experience in a similar role preferably within the FMCG industry
- You will be passionate about ensuring a high level of compliance and quality control
- You will be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels within the business
ABOUT THE DIVISION
L'Oréal Luxe is all about elegance and refinement. Our international skin care, make-up and perfume brand portfolio include beauty brands with some of the most iconic products in the world.
L'Oréal Australia is part of the L'Oréal Group – the world's largest pure beauty company with over 100 years of history and experience. We are a passionate team in a growing market, working to deliver our mission of Beauty for All through our local portfolio of 25 brands.
L’Oréal is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or disability.